Anyone know Dr. Anne M Mitchell, CNM? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any experience with Anne M Mitchell, CNM, Phd? A friend just delivered with her for her second at Troy Beaumont and had her second fantastic, beautiful, drug-free birth, and loves her. Anyone with experience with her?

I've heard not great thing about the Beaumonts...what are the complaints? Too medical? Too much "the man"?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Married to my best friend for 9 years. Loving being at home with my busy boy. Praying for a vbac.gif next time around!
#2 of 3 Old 06-13-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merebella View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Anne M Mitchell, CNM, Phd? A friend just delivered with her for her second at Troy Beaumont and had her second fantastic, beautiful, drug-free birth, and loves her. Anyone with experience with her?

I've heard not great thing about the Beaumonts...what are the complaints? Too medical? Too much "the man"?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I've heard a lot of mixed things about Anne Mitchell but have had no personal experience with her myself.

Troy Beaumont seems to do better with natural birth then Royal Oak. I've doula'd some nice births at Troy. The last birth I doula'd at Royal Oak, neither the Docs or residents even knew what a doula was.

Christa
#3 of 3 Old 06-20-2009, 03:50 PM

I also have no personal experience. I know her name was changed from Phyllis something to Anne Mitchell and there was some gossip around that. I can't even remember what, but perhaps looking her up on some nursing review board or something might help give you confidence in one direction or another.

I have done repeat births as a labor support with many providers. There's one who I just was so angry with after my first experience with her, but then I ended up learning so much from her and most of the births were great. There was another who had positive end results most of the time, but I didn't like her style at all and I would never personally choose her or recommend her. There's others that I like quite a bit that others don't so much.

Ultimately you have to do your homework and follow your gut. It doesn't matter if 20 other people like her and had fabulous births, if she doesn't click for you personally, you may not have as good an outcome due to emotional/mental discomfort.

Interview more than 2, give yourself choices. If you are set on a hospital birth, check out some mother friendly docs too, because there are a few good ones out there. If you pick a multi practice of providers midwife or docs, make sure you are truly comfy with all of them, because you most likely will not have control over who does your birth, no matter what they say.

Heather, mama to Harriet, Crispin, in with Tom and 2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page