Moved to Melvindale (hi!) and looking for... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My family and I just moved to Melvindale, MI. We are a Christian homeschooling family, into homesteading/cooking from scratch as much as we can. I enjoy gardening, canning, cooking from scratch and in bulk for the freezer, sewing, soapmaking, crafting, all of that stuff. We have four children 5 and under and I am a SAH/WAH mom.

I own Motherhood Naturally (www.motherhoodnaturally.com) and am preparing to get back into teaching childbirth and new parent classes, as well as some homesteading and scratch cooking classes. I just need to get settled and set up. I also write and publish books, ebooks, handouts, curriculum and more on natural living topics including The Cloth Diapering Handbook and a monthly newsletter called From Scratch that focuses on cooking and making things from scratch (www.motherhoodnaturally.com/FromScratch download a free issue).

I am looking to hook up with other local homeschooling families (I'm trying to find people right in my community who homeschool or enjoy a simpler life, or at least in neighboring cities). I'm not finding too much LOCAL (like, Detroit is too far for me to go on a regular basis, as is downriver. I'm kind of inbetween). I did start a Melvindale, MI homeschooling group on yahoo in hopes of starting a city based resource but we'll see how that goes.

Anyone local? Know of local resources? Homeschooling groups or activities? Networking opportunities for my businesses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-19-2009, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live downriver. *wave hi neighbor*

Welcome aboard!

I have a 1 year old a 3 year old and I WOHM as a special ed teacher in a local district.

I freezer cook myself and love doing so - Its not as natural as Id like and it works for us.

I dont know much of too much local for resources but nonetheless

hello!

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in Lincoln Park Will be homeschooling, but not Christian.

Just thought I'd say hi

Local resources (even Downriver) are pretty scarce around here. This area is quite un-crunchy.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page