Need help in Central/West Central Ohio (kind of weird question) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this post comes across the right way. WAY long story short I have a 16 month old daughter. She nursed briefly, but due to A LOT of circumstances she didn't nurse long. I've pumped ever since. I'm not getting a whole lot, but there is still milk there. I've met with a LLL leader and a LC when she was 9-11 months old. They were great ladies, but my daughter just wasn't interested at that time. Well, go figure, now she is showing a lot of interest in my breasts and I have LONGED to have a nursing relationship with her. She even tries to pull my shirt up and sign "drink". I'll bring some milk in manually and she just pecks at my breasts like a chicken .

So, on to my question. I really, really think if we were around someone who nursed their baby and she saw that baby nursing from their mom she would catch on really quick. A couple of posts here have mentioned that too. Unfortunately, no one I personally know is nursing their child (and don't quite understand my AP styles anyway). Is this a weird question to ask? But is there any momma in the area who would let us hang out while you're nursing your LO so my daughter could watch and learn?
Or does anyone have any other ideas to get her to learn to "suck"? I have a Lact-Aid that I've been trying to use but she just isn't quite getting the "sucking" factor. I will try anything!!

Thank you ladies!

Girlfriend and Wife to DH, Attached Momma to DD 2/23/08, and to DD 6/9/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-19-2009, 04:02 PM

Are there any La Leche League meetings in your area? That would be a good place to start.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#3 of 3 Old 06-21-2009, 01:28 AM

I would take her to La Leche Meetings with you. I would help you if I could

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page