NonVax Friendly Ped/DR in Southbend/Elkhart or Ft. Wayne areas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2009, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for a ped/dr in these areas. Anywhere in between is also fine, I'm willing to drive an hour or so to not deal with the hassle! If they take medicaid that is a huge plus as well. Thank you!

Carrie - Christian, tandem nursing, knittin' mommy to my two little intact, cloth diapered, vax free boys CJ 4-4-08 and squishy Camden born at home 8-3-10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Our ped, Dr. Christopher Tallo, is very supportive of selective and delayed vacs- their office doesn't follow the AAP protocol for ANYONE, and is okay with no-vacs, provided you know what you're talking about. He did say that he'd tell us what he thought, but wouldn't dream of booting us from the practice based on our vax decisions. (We've decided to go selective and delayed, fwiw.) He has a private practice at the Dupont complex, and we LOVE him and his staff.

I've heard, but cannot confirm, that Dr. Dillon at Little Turtle Pediatrics is also ok with no-vax.

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:57 AM

Dr Janice Smith in Mishawaka practices alternative medicine and is non-vax. She doesn't take medicaid, but the $$ is worth it to us. There are some other docs that some people have had decent success with, but it seems to vary..like they'll be okay with some people and not others?

CPST
Old 02-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Yes, Dr. Dillon in Fort Wayne accepts patients who do not vaccinate. He helped me diagnose our children with Pertussis this summer and didn't say a word about vaccines. I thought that was pretty supportive.

Kat
Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 PM

If you're still looking...

My daughter is two and a half and for the first couple years I went to Dr. Animashaun at Goshen Pediatrics (574-533-5808). She's nice and open to more natural things. I gave her the line "I'm DELAYING vaccines" although, they'll be delayed until my child is 90 yrs old. ;)

Right now, my daughter goes where I go - the natural Borne Clinic, Goshen office: Crossroads Healing Arts (574) 875-4227. They have a naturalist M.D. there who's great. Before conceiving, I also had a mercury and heavy metal detox done there. When pregnant, I got vitamin I.V.'s monthly to give me an extra boost and the baby extra nutrients. They've also been really helpful on doing thoroughly allergy testing for me and for my girl. She inherited a few food allergies from me, but she's currently going through an allergy detox diet to get rid of those.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 AM

Did you end up finding a doctor that took medicaid?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 AM

Did you end up finding a doctor that took medicaid?

User Tag List