anyone in holland, mi? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post

The South side main branch of the Herrick district library in Holland has a cafe area in the basement with a bunch of tables. I know they have all sorts of meetings there - knitting groups, reading groups, etc., but I don't think it would be ideal for a bunch of kids.

Oh, there is the play area in the Ghost Town West Shore Mall, I have taken the kids there a few times. I generally avoid those places as germ breeding cesspools, especially in winter, lol, but we could brave it a time or two if you guys want. wink1.gif You never know if it's going to be crowded or empty, though.

Gardenmommy, your place works, too, as long as that's something you're comfortable with and wouldn't be too much stress!

Lol, I never go to the basement of the Main branch!  Let's meet there!  Is it child-friendly?  When does everyone want meet?  I can't meet next Tuesday, as I already have two appts for the afternoon/evening.  The following week would be fine, though.  (LOL, I *guess* you could meet without me, heeheee!)

#32 of 42 Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM

Tuesday March 11th? At the main library in the basement? Not early morning sounds good to me, but maybe like 10am or so? TJ naps usually from about 2-4, but we are flexible with that. 

Laura is the other midwife I met with - I was really torn between the two actually, they both seem wonderful. Yolanda seemed to fit my personality a bit better so that was that :)

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#33 of 42 Old 03-01-2013, 01:52 PM

Tuesday, March 12 works for me! I love all the talk about midwives in the area too.  Good info to know =)

#34 of 42 Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Oh yes, I meant the 12th! :)

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!

#35 of 42 Old 03-02-2013, 06:32 PM

I think I can probably do the 12th, also.  Like 10:00?  at the Main Branch library on River?

#36 of 42 Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 PM

Ugh, SO sorry ladies, and for the short notice. I will NOT be there tomorrow, as I was planning :( We are out of town doing some more packing up/cleaning of our house in Ohio and planned to be back in Holland tonight but the amount of work and the weather is keeping us down here until tomorrow. I would really like to try again though!!!

#37 of 42 Old 03-12-2013, 05:43 AM

We will not be there, either, as one of my littles isn't feeling all that great.  LMK how it goes!

#38 of 42 Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 AM

Wow! The sickness must be going around. My little guy developed a fever last night, so we won't be going out today. Let's try and plan again!

#39 of 42 Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 PM

My little guy seems to be fine this afternoon, but he was pretty sleepy this morning.  He seemed kinda warm last night, low appetite, just not himself.  He has developed a croupy, yucky cough.  I think it's good we didn't go this morning.  I would hate to give it to anyone else.

#40 of 42 Old 12-11-2013, 11:51 AM

Hello?! 8 months later, any of you ladies still around?? I ended up having a wonderful homebirth here in Holland, but am still looking for a pediatrician (we do not vax). Any ideas? My 3 year old would love some new playmates if we could ever work out a time to meet? Let me know!

#41 of 42 Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 PM

We're still around. :) We see Nurse Practitioner Roberta Dischinger-Smedes in Dr. Zarlenga's office, she is a wonderful, helpful, caring person that accepts that we don't vax, was excited to see that we cloth diapered, which led into talking about how she cloth diapered, and eventually into finding out that we both used the same midwife for our home births. I love her, but I am less than thrilled with the rest of the office. We have never been pressured about any of our choices, though, I will say that.

We still need some more playmates, too. :)

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#42 of 42 Old 12-14-2013, 06:59 PM

We are still here, too.  We are looking for a new dr., so I can't give you any help with that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page