Mothering Forum banner

Hoosier Academy

734 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CharlieToaster 
#1 ·
Are there any Indy moms with kids enrolled in Hoosier Academy. I'm thinking of it as an option for my kindergartener. Anyone have any experience with it?

My son is in K right now in HSE. He is doing well. I just think he could be doing better. Seems like there is a lot of wasted time. I like the idea HA has an actual school with teachers and home school. I'd like to give my son more one on one time in learning but I need help with that and HA supplies that.

I'd appreciate any experiences you may have. We'd attendy in Indy.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I could have written your post today. My daughter is in K at HSE as well but I am not a fan of the hours next year. I have been looing into the HA and talking to other families and it sounds wonderful. It sounds like the best of both worlds. There is a yahoo group you can join and they can help with more questions. We are also planning on attending the meeting Feb 9th. Good Luck with your search!
Charity

#3 ·
Cool! Me too!!!! The only thing holding us back is the social aspect. My son wants to play. But, I think he will get much more out of everything else indy has to offer in home school classes as well. He is in YK+ in the morning and afternoon kindergarten at Hoosier Rd Elem. He's so tired when he gets home it's hard to work with him. He is learning a lot but it seems like so much of his day is taken up with nothing. When he starts with 1st grade there will be homework. That's MORE on top of the other 6 hours where maybe 3 of them where learning was involved.

I'm glad you posted. I will attend the open house now!

#4 ·
Bumping this up. We are looking serious now.

Charity, did you go to the open house? What did you think?

I've been contacted by phone a few times and that was weird. It sounded like a general call center they hired to take calls. The woman was really defensive about home schooling vs. traditional schooling and I barely said a word. I really want the best of both worlds and realize what it is. They wanted me to make sure I knew state tests would be required etc...

I'm going to try and attend the open house March 10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.