Peds in Royal Oak MI Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas!

We are expecting our first in a few months, and I'm on the hunt for a good ped or fam practice. Will be delivering at the Providence ABC. We are in Clawson, so ideally something in the Royal Oak/Troy/********** area. I'm leaning towards delayed vax, so that is important. Def will be BF and going to back to work. So just if anyone has any good leads, I would be ever so grateful

Muchos gracias - Emily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 AM

We really like Dr. Dorsey at Beverly Hills Pediatrics. He personally thinks that vaxing is good (he is in his late 60's or 70's) but is totally fine and respectful of what you choose as a parent. The nurses there are really great too! They don't try to play doctor and give out unwanted advice (which is something that we have dealt with other places.)
Although I have had a bit of attitude from one receptionist but what does she matter anyways. It wasn't even bad, I was just PP and maybe a bit sensitive.

Emilee
#3 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 11:20 AM

Dr Barbara Falkell in Huntington Woods has been great for us. She will support delayed vax. She is part of Berkley Primary Care, there are about 4 doctors.

Meghan, Married to Scott, Mother to Audrey- 2, and Expecting Nov 10th
#4 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambom View Post
Dr Barbara Falkell in Huntington Woods has been great for us. She will support delayed vax. She is part of Berkley Primary Care, there are about 4 doctors.
We go to Berkley Primary Care and I've been happy there. We see Dr Fulgenzi. She breastfed, is pro no circ, and is ok with our alternate vaccine schedule.
#5 of 7 Old 02-07-2010, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I really like Dr. Paul Ehrmann, he is a family doctor. He is on Crooks Rd. just north of 12 mile rd. 543-2000. He has been my doc since I was 10, and has been my children's doc since birth. He did my 2 week exams after my home births, is ok with not vaxing, he just tells me what would normally be given at each stage, often will send us home with complimentary type suggestions such as niacin instead of heart meds for my exh, vitamin E for my breast cysts, orange juice and soup for sinus infections, walking program for anxiety, etc. Although I often know more about natural stuff than him, I feel like I get good support from him, and I don't have to worry about missing something important/urgent. He also saw my son for stitches so I didn't have to go to the ER, but that may depend on the particular day.

Heather, mama to Harriet, Crispin, in with Tom and 2
#6 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all! Picking doctors always stresses me out. This will be very helpful to start my list
#7 of 7 Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
We go to Berkley Primary Care and I've been happy there. We see Dr Fulgenzi. She breastfed, is pro no circ, and is ok with our alternate vaccine schedule.
We also go to Berkley Primary Care, Dr. Falkell is our PCP but we've seen Dr. Fulgenzi as well and they were both supportive of our intact son.
They are also pro BF, and didn't bat an eye when my 2 year old DD was still BFing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page