Midwives: Fort Wayne - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am doing some research for our second baby which we plan to have at home. I had a great hospital birth for our DS with Linda Roberts CNM, whom I absolutly love! But since we're planing on being at home and she is primarily a hospital MW I have been wondering if the is the correct choice? Just wondering if anyone has any exsperiece with this around here. Yet again I love Linda but really want to make sure we choose the right person for our homebirth!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

#2 of 7 Old 02-21-2010, 08:43 PM

There are quite a few home birth midwives that serve the Ft. Wayne area. I have not had a home birth in Fort Wayne, but I am interviewing midwives. So far, I have found them to be completely knowledgeable friendly. I will definitely be doing a HB with one of them.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#3 of 7 Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 PM

You're correct. I don't believe that Linda is currently attending home births because of her hospital-based practice. I'm a birth doula working in Fort Wayne. I'd be more than happy to give you a list of local midwives to interview. Since some of them are direct-entry, I'd prefer to give you the info privately. You can contact me through a private message, or through my contact info here. www.kathickey.com.

Have fun TTC!

Kat
#4 of 7 Old 09-05-2012, 06:56 AM

Kat'sMeow--

Hello! I know this thread is old, but I was wondering if you would be able and/or willing to share the midwife information with me! I really want to have a home birth, but I'm having a hard time finding midwives who do home deliveries. For some reason the site isn't letting me PM and I couldn't get anywhere from your link. If you're willing, my email address is alyssamjo@hotmail.com  Thanks so much, in advance! I greatly appreciate your help!

#5 of 7 Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 AM

alyssamjo, I sent you an email with some info incase you havent already found someone.

#6 of 7 Old 10-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Alyssa did contact me.  Thanks, alliejean!

Kat

#7 of 7 Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 AM

Kat'sMeow, 

I am a first time to-be mama & am looking for certified midwives to interview for home birth in Fort Wayne.  I, too, see this thread is rather old, but wondered if you'd be willing to share with me the women's contact info that you know.  Thanks in advance & hope this finds you well.

any other info is greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page