ok, how about south of Dayton, OH pediatricians? - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 3 Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
poetesss's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: on the move?
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didn't have any success so far finding a ped in cincy, how about south Dayton? I found a doctor in North Dayton, but for now we are in cincy so I don't want to have to drive that far. I don't really care about someone up to date on BF, I can deal with that. I just don't want a hassle regarding an alternative vax schedule.

thank you!
poetesss is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 3 Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
2boyzmama's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dayton, Oh WPAFB
Posts: 5,911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know several people who use this practice, and have no issue with declining vaccines.

My kids go to Pri Med Pediatrics in Huber, and I have no issues with declining vaccines (I do have to sign the stupid waiver, but I heavily edit it). I know that Huber is too north for you, but the Pri Med group might have a practice south. I'm sure the policy is the same (i.e. that they don't "fire" non vaxers) although you'll probably find some drs more pushy than others.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
2boyzmama is offline  
#3 of 3 Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 AM
khaoskat's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have one Ped that I don't recommend after a recent Court decision. S/he seemed rather centered on everything going through him (ok, I am just going single gender at this point, much easier). Basically he is the "gatekeeper" of your child's care. That if your child has tubes, even if they get an ear infection, they should go to him, rather than the ENT to who placed the tubes for several attempts to "clear up" the ear infection first, then if after several different antibiotics it is still there, then a referral to the ENT.

I am of the opinion that if my child has tubes and needs to see an ENT, that is who I would rather have treat for all those types of needs (same with ortho, allergy, asthma, etc).

I will def. second cornerstone. I know one of the ped's through another friend, and she is attachment parenting friendly and practices much of it herself.
khaoskat is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 14,998

42 members and 14,956 guests
a-sorta-fairytale , agentofchaos , bananabee , beedub , BirthFree , CricketVS , Deborah , dencochik , emmy526 , greenemami , happy-mama , healthy momma , IsaFrench , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , katyeb , Kelleybug , manyhatsmom , Maria Ortiz , Michele123 , Mirzam , moominmamma , mumto1 , NaturallyKait , petitepeople123 , philomom , PPkK , RollerCoasterMama , Savvy_Lady , Skippy918 , Springshowers , swingers082 , toastedteacake , TudorRose , verticalscope , VsAngela , yesyes
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.