Toledo moms? Visiting for 1 day, what should we do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thinking about the zoo since my kids love animals.
Is the Imagination Station worth a visit?
Also, do you know of any hotels that have nice pools and are kid-friendly.

Thanks!

Gina
homeschooling mom
Noah 11, Emma 9, Andrew 5

Mama Gina

flower.gif hippie.gif knit.gifhomeschool.gif  h20homebirth.gif  namaste.gif
Noah 14bikenew.gif, Emma 12 flowerkitty.gif, and Andrew 8 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 AM

Not from Toledo but MI...anyhow we LOVE the Toledo zoo. It is only about a 2.5 hour drive for us but we try and go at least once a year...very nice. That is the only thing we do when we are there so no real input
#3 of 5 Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 AM

:

we like imagination station - we have a membership and my dd requests a trip at least once a week.

The zoo is another great choice. The Toledo Museum of Art has a family center with art projects. You can look it up on their website, but *think* it is Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. The family center is free but parking is $5. The church adjacent to the museum has a sign in their lot saying that parking is reserved for church goers and art museum patrons, so we always park there b/c it is free.

There is a Holiday Inn (I think) in Maumee near the turnpike with a small water park in it. In Perrysburg the Holiday Inn French Quarter has a pool and get away weekend deals - i know ppl locally check in there with their families in order to have an inexpensive vacation.

There is a hotel downtown next to Imagination Station but I can't remember what it is - I'll bet if you called they could tell you. I'm sure it has a pool.

There are several Metroparks that are wonderful for spending a day - many have hiking trails, play grounds, flush toilets with running water, and grills for cooking.

Mama to E (12/07) and M (01/11). homebirth.jpg
#4 of 5 Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 PM

The Toledo Zoo and the imagination station are both awesome! We visit both frequently when visiting family!

Wife, Mother and Doula.
#5 of 5 Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM

Wildwood Metropark (Central Avenue) has a tot lot playground next to the old schoolhouse building. Right next to that is a paved path that winds through the woods, on a long boardwalk and a covered bridge. That path also winds over to the manor house (tours from 12-5) and out to a bigger kids play area. Below is a link to the Toledo area Metroparks.
If you feel like driving out to Providence, they have canal boat rides (pulled by mules) and historical interpreters in period costume. At the other end of the park is the Providence Mill which is still used to grind flour.

http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metr...sp?page_id=483

Hope you enjoy the area.

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page