Middlebury, IN - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am moving to Middlebury in about two weeks and I was hoping to find some people from that area(Elkhart/St.Joe county). I am from the area but have lived in Illinois for 2 1/2 years. I have a 3 month old and we are natural birthing, breastfeeding, and getting started in baby wearing, cloth diapering, and co sleeping.
Anyone out there?!?

Christine:: wonderful DH and precious DD(2/10)::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM

I'm in St. Joe County. Welcome!

I haven't been here terribly long myself, but I know the South Bend area offers an active Holistic Moms Network chapter (http://sbendin.holisticmoms.org/) and two La Leche League meetings per month (http://lllofsouthbend.blogspot.com/). The LLL meetings in particular can be a nice way to meet moms of young babies.

There are also holistic parenting and La Leche League meetings in Elkhart County. Information on Goshen Holistic Parenting can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7191237&v=info. The Elkhart County chapter of La Leche League has its website here: http://www.lllusa.org/web/ElkhartIN.html.

Good luck with your move!

toddler.giffamilybed1.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF  waterbirth.jpg. Can't wait to homeschool.gif.

gd.gifsigncirc1.gifwhale.gif
#3 of 8 Old 06-05-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaWojo View Post
I am moving to Middlebury in about two weeks and I was hoping to find some people from that area(Elkhart/St.Joe county). I am from the area but have lived in Illinois for 2 1/2 years. I have a 3 month old and we are natural birthing, breastfeeding, and getting started in baby wearing, cloth diapering, and co sleeping.
Anyone out there?!?
Welcome to Indiana...lol, I've lived in In all of my life but in this area for about 8 years now.

I have a 3 month old as well, I EBF, BW, and CD

Rachel ~ 29 married to Tony ~ 30, Mom to 3 ~ Ian born 4/13/01 ~ Arianya "Anya" born 10/19/06 ~ Natalia "Lia" born 2/24/10
#4 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 04:26 PM

I see this is from quite a few months ago... I'm newer in Goshen and still trying to find my tribe. : - )

I have one daughter who is almost 9 months old. Are you getting together as a group at all!?

Would love to meet some like minded mamas!

Best,
Jessica
#5 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jessica!
My daughter is just a little younger then yours! I havent found too much happening in this area. I would love to know if you find stuff! There is one breastfeeding group I go to on in Elkhart but it is not really a "natural minded" group its just what ive found so far. The la leche league in elkhart is pretty non existant. Have you found anything in your looking so far?

Christine:: wonderful DH and precious DD(2/10)::
#6 of 8 Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 AM

Hi there!
Sorry it took me so long to get back, I need email notification that someone has posted as I'm still new to this forum and don't find it terribly easy to use! OR maybe I just don't have time on computer ; - ) I use my iphone for most posts and that doesn't work so well for this site!

Anyway, I haven't found anything. We adopted our dd on January 30th, her birthday, and so I don't breastfeed, which cuts out a lot of possibilities like LaLeche, etc. Although sounds like they're not terribly active? I'm more interested in meeting like minded mamas who just want to get together now and again. I'm in Goshen, northwest side...where are you? Do you do any meet-ups or playgroups? I think we need to start something in the area... I'm an avid babywearer, cloth diapering, babyfood making mama. Former choral music director, Nia instructor, now SAHM who's just trying to connect in this area. SO hard when SAHM!

Anyway, what are you interested in? Let's start something? What say you?
: - )
Jessica
#7 of 8 Old 11-08-2010, 02:55 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm in Fort Wayne, but we go up to Shipshewana every 3-4 weeks to get raw milk from an organic dairy....Maybe there's a chance one of these days that we could meet up? Harder to plan anything now that winter is descending, but maybe next spring?

There's a nice park in Shipshe, and that train caboose--my kids love to play there! When the weather's nice, we like to take a picnic and sort of make a day of it.

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#8 of 8 Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 AM

The St. Joe County LLL is great, and always has lots of moms at the meetings if you are interested in that sort of meet up smile.gif

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page