Homebirth midwives in Columbus, OH - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2010, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I did deliver at St. Ann's this time, and they were the most NCB-friendly. I had a VBAC, so I "had" to wear the fetal monitor and have a heplock placed in my arm, but otherwise, the nurses were very supportive. I stood, sat on the birthing ball and walked around a lot, never lying in the bed at all. I had a doula, but when I started trying to get an epidural (twice, during momentary panic), the nurse (Christy) talked me down more strongly than my doula, and I was able to deliver without it. No one mentioned slow progress or C-section, even though it was another super long labor like my first one. Best hospital experience yet.

Katie (36)

Married mom to Patrick (2004), Noah (2006) and Liam (2010) VBAC!!
winner.jpg                                        nocirc.gif                                  jumpers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know this was posted awhile ago but for any soon-to-be mothers who come across this I wanted to say I just delivered with Kathy Mitchell, a homebirth midwife who serves the Columbus area. I had originally planned to go with CHOICE but as soon as I met her I knew she was the midwife for me. She was absolutely incredible. She is excellent at listening to what you need from her and giving it. An incredible person and a phenomenal midwife.

User Tag List