indianapolis - nurse midwives at methodist? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know anything about the nurse midwives at methodist hospital? I am about 15 weeks pregnant and would love a home birth. However the midwives at methodist would actually accept my insurance so I thought I would look into it. I am a bit skeptical to be honest, I just spoke with the receptionist and she didn't even know if the hospital had water birth facilities or not..
Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!
Rebekah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-21-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnolan View Post
Does anyone know anything about the nurse midwives at methodist hospital? I am about 15 weeks pregnant and would love a home birth. However the midwives at methodist would actually accept my insurance so I thought I would look into it. I am a bit skeptical to be honest, I just spoke with the receptionist and she didn't even know if the hospital had water birth facilities or not..
Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!
Rebekah
I saw them for a bit with my third pregnancy. I was not impressed. They don't allow water birth at Methodist, only laboring in water.

I highly recommend Community Hospital in Anderson. They have a group of midwives that deliver there that are just wonderful. One of the midwives had home births. They also allow water birth. I had my 4th baby there. It wasn't home, but it was the best hospital experience you're going to get here in Indiana, I think.

~Sandy
mommy to Joey 11, Ian 9, Hayden 7 and Charlie 3

#3 of 5 Old 06-23-2010, 03:58 PM

Community south has a group of midwives and birth tubs in the rooms as well although I have no experience with them. I have a friend who is a cnm and had done homebirths in the past who used to work with the midwives at methodist and she quit because of the rules she had to follow for the hospital.

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 05:36 PM

I had my first baby at Methodist with a CNM from Nurse Midwives of Indianapolis. I wanted a home birth, but thought that there weren't any options for me (there were, they're just tricky to find in Indiana). So I tried to have my birth in the birth center in Indianapolis. I didn't like the midwife--way too medical for my liking. She pressured us in to things like ultrasounds, and when my labor was long, asked me what I wanted to do...of course an exhausted woman will throw in the towel and figure she should go to the hospital! I really regret my decision to choose that CNM, that birth center, and the hospital.

I feel like I had a typical hospital birth and typical medical care, just not with someone with "M.D." after her name. If that doesn't bother you, go for it.

On a happier note, I just had my second baby at home (in another state), and while labor was still terrible, I love my CPM, the care she's given us over the last 10 months, and that I got to have my baby the way I wanted.
#5 of 5 Old 06-28-2010, 09:08 PM

sorry to thread hijack...

sparkly, would you mind PM'ing me with the name of the CNM you had at NMI?

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .

User Tag List