CNM's in Indiana - Mothering Forums
Indiana, Ohio, Michigan > CNM's in Indiana
karalynnskies's Avatar karalynnskies 07:05 PM 08-02-2010
Me and my husband are currently looking around for CNM's that serve the kokomo area. We are finally gonna start trying to get pregnant in 2 months!! I am soo excited. We have also decided we are going to go with a homebirth.

I know of two midwives, penny lane and lynda kirch, which I am going to set meetings up with. Any feedback on these midwives would be much appreciated.

We are excited and nervous to start this journey. We don't have much support from family or friends so I am hoping to find some comfort and support through you ladies that have had home births.

Once again any feedback would be much appreciated!

karalynnskies's Avatar karalynnskies 03:09 PM 08-05-2010
Is there no one out there that has worked with either of these midwives?
Rosegin's Avatar Rosegin 03:45 AM 08-06-2010
I have never worked with either of those midwives. Are you looking to birth at home or hospital?
Rosegin's Avatar Rosegin 03:47 AM 08-06-2010
Oops, I didn't read your post well enough. I see that you're looking to home birth. I have heard great things about both midwives. Penny Lane does group prenatal appointments which is something I am not interested in.

I live in Kokomo and I have had one traditional (med free) hospital birth here at Howard, one birth center birth (it's closed now) in Frankfort, one home birth (with a DEM/CPM team) and one hospital water birth (at Community Hospital in Anderson).

You will find that most people here are not very home birth friendly. But I would love to be in touch with you. It's always nice to find people who are like-minded living close.
KT'smama's Avatar KT'smama 12:46 AM 08-24-2010
Penny lives a few miles from me. We are in the same homeschool group and she does my well woman health checks. If I have another baby I will use her for my home birth. She is very sweet and easy to talk to about anything.
I'd recommend her.
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 02:06 PM 08-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post
Me and my husband are currently looking around for CNM's that serve the kokomo area. We are finally gonna start trying to get pregnant in 2 months!! I am soo excited. We have also decided we are going to go with a homebirth.

I know of two midwives, penny lane and lynda kirch, which I am going to set meetings up with. Any feedback on these midwives would be much appreciated.

We are excited and nervous to start this journey. We don't have much support from family or friends so I am hoping to find some comfort and support through you ladies that have had home births.

Once again any feedback would be much appreciated!
I know Lynda personally and she is a fantastic lady! I have several friends who used her midwifery serves for their pregnancies and homebirths and were quite delighted.

So, yeah, she's a lovely choice!
Rose Smith's Avatar Rose Smith 07:38 PM 04-13-2011

I believe it's actually illegal to have a home birth with a midwife in Indiana, and that might be why they are very pro-hospital. :|

Hopefully you found what you needed and everything went well!

Jazzmin's Avatar Jazzmin 07:47 PM 04-13-2011

It is not illegal to have a homebirth in Indiana, period. CNM are legally permitted to attend births at home, DEM are not.

BrokenBox's Avatar BrokenBox 08:22 PM 04-14-2011

I just realized the OP posted this a while ago, but I joined the forums just to put in my two cents.  Lynda is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend her.  We had a homebirth with her about 7 weeks ago with my first child.  She made the whole experience truly amazing.  My husband and I knew she was a perfect fit for us the first time we met!  And we were really sad at our last postpartum visit because we knew we wouldn’t be seeing her regularly anymore.  Lynda was more than our midwife, she became a friend and felt more like a family member to us.  She was comforting, knowledgeable and gave me so much confidence.  If we decide to have another child I really hope that Lynda will be there for that birth too!  

Up