Mothering Forum banner

homebirth midwife in Akron/Canton, OH area?

9K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  heartland midwife 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm newly pregnant and would really like to have a homebirth. Can anyone recommend midwives in my area?

Thanks!

#5 ·
My sister served as a midwife's assistant to a midwife in the Akron/Canton area ... and the same midwife delivered both of my sister's babies.
Her first name is Brenda; I will have to ask for her full name and number!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dornmama View Post
I haven't heard of Erika but I do know there are several midwives in the Akron/ Canton/Cleveland area. I personally used Nicole Oney and LOVED her.
I used Nicole Oney as well... and LOVED her!! In fact, I hope when the Army takes us far, we can come back to Ohio and have a hotel birth with Nicole

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb718 View Post

Has anyone used or heard of Erika Oberst?
Be very careful no matter who you hire.

Ask a lot of questions. A LOT.

Ask people in these areas about these midwives. There are many woman willing to talk.

This is your baby. You MUST ask the tough questions no matter how difficult they may be. All midwives have had births with issues. Don't be snowed that they haven't!

Good luck in your search!

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb718 View Post

Has anyone used or heard of Erika Oberst?
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Sorry, not trying to use the scare caps but I interviewed with her and I feel she is truly a novice and is not a safe HCP. I can go into detail if you like but I do have some names to pass on.

I used a mw out of Bainbridge but her partner mw, Nicole Oney, is in Akron and she attended my birth as the back-up. I will be happy to PM you their names and they may also have some other names of those close to you.

#20 ·
Thanks to all who replied to this post, even after the author had her baby! We recently moved to the area and are looking for a new midwife for baby number 2! Word of mouth and personal stories go a long way when trying to find a midwife (especially in this area!). Thank you!

#23 ·
Hello,

I am new to the boards and am looking for a midwife that will do homebirth in Akron. You stated on the one board that you have learned quite a bit in the last few years and could point someone in the right direction? I would really appreciate some info/guidance. This will be my third child...2 previous births were unnecessarily induced but came out wonderfully, thankfully. I want to become a CPM after this birth so I would like info, not only for my own birth experience but for a possible mentor and/or midwife that would be willing to apprentice me. Please let me know. Thank you so much!

elizabeth

p.s. for some reason I could no PM you, sorry for the annoyance :(

#26 ·
Hello!

Hopefully there are enough of you wonderful ladies still active in this group to help me out!

I am looking for a midwife in the Akron/Canton/Alliance area. I was given the name of Cindy Rogel but she isn't taking any new clients. Cindy also gave me the name of Nicole Oney and Karen Edwards.

Thanks in advance!

K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.