looking for home birth midwife in/around bloomington, in - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of my good friends is pregnant and is strongly considering a home birth. She lives in Bloomington. Can anyone recommend a home birth midwife that serves in that area? Or are there any midwives in Indy who are willing to drive that far?

Thanks!

helpmeet. mama to Sam (1.18.09 ) and another baby boy (due 2.1.2011 ). planning our first .
#2 of 8 Old 09-05-2010, 05:06 PM

I'm an apprentice midwife here in Bloomington - PM me and I can give you some info about the midwives here!
#3 of 8 Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 AM

Contact BABS (Bloomington Area Birth Services) for more information. Here is a link to the website: http://www.bloomingtonbirth.org/
#4 of 8 Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Hello, My name is Reesa Helms. My husband is Jordan Helms and he will be 19 June 18. Iam 19, will be 20 june 16. Iam currently 18weeks and 2days pregant. Iam wanting a water birth. Not sure if i want it at home or not. I have insurence through the state. NOt sure weather they will cover me in this decision. Im really scared about giving birth in a hosptial. Heard water births are more calm and gives you more oppertunties to give birth at your own pace. Would love this. I live in Bloomfield indiana. 30 mintues from Bloomington. I have a OB/GYN now in Lyons Indiana. She is good. But dont do water briths. Not sure what to do. If all possible would love more information on this. And would love to know if my insurence will cover a water birth. Just let me know. Thank You So Much.

God Bless, Reesa and Jordan Helms

#5 of 8 Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Reesa- I recommend Andrea Dixon, CNM. http://www.iuhealth.net/portal/IUH/findadoctor?paf_gear_id=6900001&paf_dm=full&paf_gm=content&task_name=displayBio&contactId=50766

Martinsville is the closest hospital to you that allows waterbirth as far as I know. Good luck!
#6 of 8 Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM
jdg

By "insurance through the state" I assume you mean Medicaid? They will not cover homebirth at all in Indiana. I do suggest you contact Bloomington Area Birth Services, and take their childbirth classes as they spend much more time on comfort/relaxation/non-medical techniques than any hospital classes I know of.

Jackie
#7 of 8 Old 06-25-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppamint View Post

Reesa- I recommend Andrea Dixon, CNM. http://www.iuhealth.net/portal/IUH/findadoctor?paf_gear_id=6900001&paf_dm=full&paf_gm=content&task_name=displayBio&contactId=50766
Martinsville is the closest hospital to you that allows waterbirth as far as I know. Good luck!

Andrea is wonderful! She's so caring and kind.

Proud Mama to Ceili Fey energy.gif(3/6/03),  Elias angel.gif (vbac.gif  4/9/08-3/4/12), Noah blowkiss.gif (vbac.gif  4/21/09 ), Henry diaper.gif (h20homebirth.gif  1/30/12 ), and babyboy.gif Calvin  (hbac.gif 3/7/12).
  novaxnocirc.gif  winner.jpg  cd.gif 

candleflicker2.gifhttp://visitourcrazyhouse.com/

#8 of 8 Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Hi--DH and I recently relocated to Bloomington and love it here! We are hoping to have our first within the next year and I am researching my birth options. Would any kind soul be willing to PM me with information/recommendations/anything regarding CNMs and CPMs in the area? I would love to have a home birth, but I know in Indiana that gets a bit difficult. Are there any CNMs in Bloomington who attend home births?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page