Need help finding doc in central Indiana or Lafayette - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-16-2010, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've done a search but haven't come up with anything.
Right now we see a ped in Zionsville for our 3.5 year old. The last few times we've had to go in she has been really pushy about not vaxing and last time we were there she said the next visit we would have to start them. I know I don't have to do it...I'm just sick of the hassle. Plus I don't like the way she talked to my special needs toddler who has constipation problems...telling her she needed to be good and go in the potty. Really?
We're having some issues now that I really want her checked out on, lots of gagging and choking at night but I really don't want to take her to this Ped.
I am fine with a family doctor or Ped...I just want to find one that is not going to hassle me on my decisions.
Does anyone have any information?
I am willing to travel in the Indy area or Lafayette area.
Thank you all so much!!
#2 of 4 Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 AM

We see Dr Kristen Gollnick at Northstar Ped's in Fishers.
She's super great, my children love her, and she's relaxed about a lot of things.

GL!
#3 of 4 Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 PM

We have seen Dr. Golnick in the past, she is a great ped. We now see Dr. Young Park in Indy for our whole family. He is a family practice DO who is respectful about your position on vax/no vax, bf & intact friendly. He also practices eastern medicine as well, so we get the best of both worlds!

Mindy
#4 of 4 Old 09-17-2010, 09:34 AM

I've heard good things from friends about Dr. Gwolnick, but have never met her.

Our family was well-cared for by Dr. Park for years before moving out of state. We're moving back this Fall and one thing we are truly excited about is having him as our family's doctor again. He is the best! He truly is, as PP said, the best of both worlds. He has so much knowledge of 'alternative' treatment options and is inclined to using those before writing a script.

In my experience with all my children, one of whom was born while we were patients with him, there is never a vax hassle. The nurse checking you in typically says, 'will we be doing injections today?' and when/if you say 'no' that is the end of it...she notes it on your chart and it is done. Love that!

His office is on the northwest side of Indy...off Guion Rd where it meets 465. There can be a long wait for new patient visits, so call ahead and start planning. He is totally worth the wait.

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page