Fertility Center Grand Rapids, MI or RE N IN/S MI/Chicago? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I'm still looking for a good RE. Please reply if you know anything about the Fertility Center in Grand Rapids, MI. If you know of any other good RE in the N IN/S MI/Chicago area, I would be very interested to read your feedback! Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 01:05 AM

I’m not sure if he was a ‘good RE’ because I have nothing to compare with but my IVF was successful – eventually.

I went to Ralph Kazer at Northwestern in Chicago. It was quite a while ago and things may have changed. A few negatives… There were several doctors so you are really seeing the entire group not one RE, a couple of the nurses were horrible and rude(the nurses who schedule meds, tests,etc.), sometimes I felt the process was run by the nurses, and I have friends who’ve gone to other clinics after trying Northwestern because they felt they were treated like a number at Northwestern. The positives…The appointments were easy to make, not a lot of waiting, Dr. Kazer was competent and kind – although not warm and fuzzy which was fine with me.

Wow…after re-reading, maybe my recommendation isn’t so positive after all!

I wasn’t very knowledgeable about the process prior to seeing the RE - I sort up showed up and did as I was told. My view of the practice might have been different if I had been more educated.
#3 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 AM

Dodds & Young in GR are great. I drove 2 hours each way from Ann Arbor to see them for 4 IVF attempts.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
#4 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Dodds and Young are the end all be all of infertility in Grand Rapids. They have un heard of success rates and seem to be personable in most cases.
#5 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 11:15 PM

I loved my RE, Dr. Gary Jones at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center in Dearborn, MI. I got in quickly, he explained my options clearly, and everyone at the office was awesome. I would still see him if I weren't getting my treatment free elsewhere.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#6 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Thanks for your quick replies! So glad to hear the good reports about Dodds and Young in Grand Rapids. I'll call about an appt tomorrow. I need a second opinion, not comfortable with RE appt 2 weeks ago in Ft. Wayne. So thanks again!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page