Looking for Indy unschoolers w/young kids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have recently moved to Indianapolis and we're looking for a couple more homeschooling/unschooling/life learners to hang out with.

My kids are (nearly) 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. I've known I was going to homeschool since I got pregnant with my daughter and in these 3.5 plus years have learned more about life learning, which appeals to me.

Any others out there who have pre school aged kids who know you're gonna homeschool. Or homeschooled kids who like to hang with a younger crowd.

I've already hooked up with the FLT yahoo group and the IndyUnschooling/Sudbury meetup but I thought I'd put it out there.

thanks a bunch!
Leila
#2 of 7 Old 10-15-2010, 01:37 AM

Well, you already know about us. But I'll respond anyway so I can : for others.
#3 of 7 Old 10-15-2010, 01:55 PM

Well, we arent dogmatic unschoolers, but we do homeschool, and I have a 4.5 yo girl, and a 4 month old girl, and am looking to put together a homeschool group. What side of town are you on?
#4 of 7 Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM

We're both on the near north side.
#5 of 7 Old 10-29-2010, 11:36 PM

could i please have the links for the groups you mentioned? my husband is considering a job in Indy and a job in OK city. We have a four year old daughter and would love to know what Sudbury and unschooling options are available in Indy. We're currently in Miami but have lived all over the place (I'm a native New Englander and hubby is French, and daughter was born in Argentina during our year abroad ).

Laura mama to Caitlyn 12/26/06 and Frenchie dh non vaccing unschooling multilingual family
#6 of 7 Old 10-30-2010, 09:24 AM

I'm a home schooler in the area also. Hi!
#7 of 7 Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphos View Post
could i please have the links for the groups you mentioned? my husband is considering a job in Indy and a job in OK city. We have a four year old daughter and would love to know what Sudbury and unschooling options are available in Indy. We're currently in Miami but have lived all over the place (I'm a native New Englander and hubby is French, and daughter was born in Argentina during our year abroad ).
http://attachmentparenting.meetup.co.../indianapolis/ is one Sudbury meetup group (for 4+ year olds), the FLT group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FLT-Indy/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page