Mothering Forum banner

Indianapolis Homeschooling Mamas!

665 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mary3mama 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a casual homeschool group or playgroup/playdate kinda thing for my 4yo dd. I also have a 4 month old. I'm already a part of IndyAP (Hi everyone!
orngbiggrin.gif
) But we're looking for more right now. Any ideas? I'm hoping to find something I can do weekly, but at this point, anything is better than our current situation.

See less See more
#2 ·
There's a Radical Unschooling group that started last week. You don't have to be an unschooler, just respect those who are. That doesn't have regular meeting times yet by any stretch, but I think most of us are interested in a weekly thing. Right now, coordination is via facebook and then IndyAP. I'll make sure to also post here when I know more.

There's also talk of seeing if the church is available on a weekly basis for the IndyAP group. No real follow up on that, because there's only a couple of us who would really try to go every week, but if you're also up for that, it would make it more viable as an option.

There are two 4 year old girls in the unschooling play group already, and a 4 month old boy. So I think you will enjoy that.

Oh, and like I said, I'll be sure to let you know when more things are planned, but if you happen to have a facebook account, PM me your name and I'll add you to the FB group which will make things easier for you.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyofmovers View Post

We are a traveling family "moving" to Indy in a month or so and I would love to meet new people. We are currently homeschoolers (more so unschoolers) and am looking for some new friends.

greet.gif

What part of Indy are you 'moving to' ? What ages are your children? What type of activities are you looking for?

And if you'd rather not share that publicly you are more than welcome to PM me.

We live just north of the city between 465 and Carmel. There are loads of homeschooling families all over the Indy area.

peace,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.