Looking for dentist near Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for a dentist that accepts caresource, will allow parents to be with children during exams, and is gentle! Ideally, the dentist can give gas for one extremely anxious family member.  Anyone?

Thanks.

#2 of 4 Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 PM

My older kids (4 and 6) just switched to Dr. Thomas A. Becher in the Columbus area (Worthington), who is a kids-only dentist (up to age 18) because my oldest son was freaking out at my regular dentist and not allowing an exam. It went really well with "Dr. Tom". They were very excited about visiting him. Parents can stay in the room  I would check with him about the insurance and nitrous oxide gas. His website is being really slow for me at the moment, but here is the contact information:

Thomas A Becher, DMD

55 Caren Avenue #280
Worthington, OH 43085
(614) 846-4711

Katie (36)

Married mom to Patrick (2004), Noah (2006) and Liam (2010) VBAC!!
winner.jpg                                        nocirc.gif                                  jumpers.gif
#3 of 4 Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 AM

Except for CareSource I would recommend Small Smiles in Huber Heights.  Unfortunately he does not take Caresource any longer.

Children's is OK, but they don't allow you back while they do the exam, except for the first visit.

#4 of 4 Old 08-13-2011, 03:14 PM

Dr. Mitzi Hines in Columbus might still take Caresource - she is actually a pediatric dentist and is wonderful. Unfortunately most dentists cannot take caresource due to financial reasons.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page