I'm sure it's been asked, but - good ped in SE MI? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi gals,

We just moved to the Grosse Pointe area, and are looking for a pediatrician.  I've had Dr. Alexis Balomenos and Dr. Vesna Roi recommended as "will tolerate" or "semi-supportive" of vaxing choices/extended breastfeeding, etc.  Anyone know anything about these two or others on the east side that they would recommend?  PM me or give a rec for your ped! TIA!

Married to my best friend for 9 years. Loving being at home with my busy boy. Praying for a vbac.gif next time around!
#2 of 3 Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 PM

I don't know of anyone on the east side, but I love Dr. Schindler in Novi.  It's about a 35 minute drive for my family to see him, but he's well worth the drive, imo.  I don't know how far Novi is for you, but if it's doable, I would say go meet him.  He's very supportive of any vax decision you make.  He is very gentle and caring and spends a lot of time with us.  He will talk at length about anything we need to and I never felt the need to hide the fact that we breastfed into toddlerhood, coslept, or any other choice we made.  We love him.  When my son plays with his doctor set, he always say "Yea, I'm just Dr. Schindler, and I'm so gentle and kind, so you don't need to be worried."  My son is always at the bottom of the chart (if he's even on it) for weight and Dr. Schindler has always said that that's his normal and we shouldn't worry, and that he's obviously a healthy boy.  He also does hypnosis for a lot of different things, and he has an acupuncturist and a chiropractor that her refers folks to, I believe.  The acupuncturist may even work out of his office sometimes, if I'm remembering correctly???  Don't know if he's too far for you, but hope it helps!

#3 of 3 Old 01-14-2011, 09:48 AM

we use pediatric consultants of troy. theyre located in troy beaumont.  my daughters primary doc is Dr. Dubina and shes absolutely wonderful!  We delay and selective vaccinate and its not an issue at all.  We also breastfeed, cloth diaper, and baby wear. 

Janette - Mama to Adrianna born 2.27.07 and expecting another 2.17.11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page