Looking for Pediatrician in Indianapolis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We currently live in Indy and my son has a pediatrician that we like. However, we have to switch to Medicaid and she does not accept Medicaid. I would really like a more "green" doctor but honestly I'm willing to settle for a just a good doctor in general. We're just north of 38th, just west of the IMA. But really anywhere on the northside or westside is fine. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Wish I could offer some advice, but I'm in the same situation.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Let me know if you find anything! I wish there was a better website for rating doctors, their location/websites, etc. 

Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM

I like our ped, but I'm on the southside. 

Proud Catholic, homeschooling, RN-student mama of
DS 10 reading.gif  DS 8 fencing.gif DS 5, DD 3 energy.gif and a new DS  belly.gif 3/2011
Old 02-14-2011, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

In Fishers I use Dr Rob Rudicel, he is part of North Star Pediatrics.  All 4 docs in the practice are great.  I really like them but couldn't answer to the green part.  What I can say is when my DD was in NICU they were REALLY good about not letting the NICU nurses push anyone around as I BF.  She needed supplementing and the ped made them get me set up with an SNS.  They wouldn't let them give her a bottle or anything, and they didn't let the hospital push them into it, which helped me stay firm!  They are a 'younger' office and they dress for the kids.  He has always gotten me in right away when I've needed to.  I don't know if they take Medicaid.

Good luck!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM

There are a couple of great peds in Indy (Jeremy Roscoe, Dr. Golnik) but their offices are closed to new patients:( I have a longer list we compiled from our friends, midwife, and Indy Moms if you want to pm me.

We ended up going with a fan doc, Ashlie Olp and love her! Always accepting of delayed vacs, breastfeeding, blw, and such. Plus, I see her as my doc and DH sees a male in her practice as his:)

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

Old 02-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Dr. Park is good re: extended breastfeeding, delayed/no vax, etc. And is just off 38th street on Guion Road. Family practice, DO.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sere234 View Post

There are a couple of great peds in Indy (Jeremy Roscoe, Dr. Golnik) but their offices are closed to new patients:( I have a longer list we compiled from our friends, midwife, and Indy Moms if you want to pm me.

We ended up going with a fan doc, Ashlie Olp and love her! Always accepting of delayed vacs, breastfeeding, blw, and such. Plus, I see her as my doc and DH sees a male in her practice as his:)

I'll send you a PM! Thanks :)

Old 04-11-2011, 01:47 PM

I also see Dr. Olp and my kids see Dr. Kreguer in the same practice. I love them both, and the other docs there are great too. They're all very supportive of our delaying vax, bf, didn't bat an eye at my homebirths, etc. They always take my concerns seriously and we've only not been able to get a same day appointment once in 5 years.

They're great, but they don't accept Medicaid. Just felt like that should be clear since those searching might get their hopes up. I am always looking for a good medicaid doc to be suggested because we qualify, but I will pay for a great doctor rather than switch to a crappy one just because it would be free.

~Kendra~
Mama to Sophia (9-12-03) Simeon (9-22-05) Alice (5-24-07) Luci (1-23-09) & Charlotte due May 16th!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM

I want to second Dr. Park.  He’s not a pediatrician but we take our newborn son to him and really really like him.  Not sure about Medicaid, but I highly recommend him.  His staff is super friendly.  I’ve heard he’s really hard to get into, but so far we haven’t had any problems getting in.  Dr. Olp has come highly recommended also, so if we need an appointment immediately and can’t see Dr. Park we’ll probably go to her.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM

We just found a great Dr. in the Castleton area. He respects our decisions as parents and is not pushy about traditional medical practices. We've had a home birth and are planning another for our second son and he's very cool with that and we have chosen not to circumcise or vaccinate and he has no judgement with that either. He is just so respectful of our decisions. His name is Dr. Andrew Sprunger of Northside Family Care.

User Tag List