**UPDATE: Looking for homebirth midwife in MANSFIELD/BUCYRUS area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in need of a mother and baby-friendly home birth midwife in the Canton, OH area. I am due in early August and I will be moving to the Canton area this month. I already have a doula. Very important that midwife be anti-circ (two midwives I've interviewed were wishy washy on the subject), and hands off for the most part. I appreciate recommendations!

***UPDATE: My plans have changed, and since my family is in this area, I'll be staying in the Mansfield/Bucyrus area until after the baby is here. If you know of a midwife in this area or could make a recommendation, please post here or PM me! This area is VERY non-crunchy, and I can't even get secondary care from an OB in this area (loved the look I got from an ER nurse a few weeks ago when she found out I was having a home birth & said "Well who's going to deliver your baby???" So many ways I could have answered that!). LOL! In any case, I haven't had much luck finding a midwife who is near this area or willing to travel! If you know someone, please feel free to forward me some contact information! smile.gif

#2 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Winter greetings Delanea!     I read your post in search of a midwife who serves the Canton area and am responding to introduce myself.  I am a midwife of 27 years (and credentialed CPM since 1997) I have, with much dedication,  served parents at home; also in freestanding birth center (was the supervising midwife for Amish and Mennonite) and have an immense amount of practical experience in the womanly art of giving birth and breastfeeding and loving family.  17 years of waterbirth experience.  My four children were all born at home (1983,87,94,97), breastfed, provided natural hygenic healthcare supporting immune system and brain growth, and sons left intact!  etc.  : )  been very happy with drinking raw milk since about 1981 and thankful for the right to do so  as well.  : )     that's a quicky, I have to go get my son picked up....

San Hess

Heartland Midwifery

330-231-5945 

#3 of 8 Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Hello Delanea,

I am a homebirth midwife currently living in New Philadelphia, OH. That is about a half hour from Canton. If you are still interviewing midwives you are welcome to call for a chat. My number is 330-236-3361.

Also some other resources would be the Ohio Families for Safe Birth and Ohio Midwives Alliance.

Best Wishes,

Bobbie Boyd, LM CPM

#4 of 8 Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 PM

OP, you might want to look up Nicole Oney and Karen Edwards -- both of them are in the Akron/Canton area and both attend homebirths as well.  Peace!

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
#5 of 8 Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 PM

I don't have any MW rec's, but just wanted to say hello!  I am a like-minded mom living in North Canton.  Welcome to the area!  Stark County isn't very crunchy, but I've managed to find a lot of moms who share my views on parenting.  If you need anything, just PM me!

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#6 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 PM

I am interested in this as well. I woud like to find a midwife that would travel to canton for a HBA2C. I only know of two doctors in the area that will allow you to try for a vbac but that's in the hospital and I will do everything I can to avoid another hospital birth.

Hubs and I however, believe in circumcising. (SP?)

tammy

#7 of 8 Old 04-04-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comtessa View Post

OP, you might want to look up Nicole Oney and Karen Edwards -- both of them are in the Akron/Canton area and both attend homebirths as well.  Peace!

Nicole was my midwife and I really love her!

#8 of 8 Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM

Delanae- I was wondering if you came up with anything?

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page