Doc that won't glare at me for having a previous homebirth? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-12-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm planning on a homebirth in may. My first pregnancy was with midwives in a hospital in Massachusetts, my second pregnancy was ectopic and was a tragic mess because of OSU's ER. At the time I had just begun seeing the midwives at Professionals for Women's Health and liked them well enough, but was not impressed with their support in communicating with OSU concerning my necessary and emergent surgery  and when I became pregnant this time and found out about the midwives call schedule (one midwife floating between four hospitals every 24 hours- ick!) I opted to go with CHOICE and a homebirth this time around. 

The problem is that having already had an ectopic and lost a fallopian tube with it, I'm in a risk category for a repeat. I'd really hate to lose the other tube because detection wasn't early enough, so I want to make sure that I do see a GYN/OB for early care with the next so that I can recieve an early vaginal ultrasound to determine placement and to get my annual pap smears etc. I know that doc around here aren't able to attend or officially back a homebirth, but I'd like to see somebody who respects my choices and isn't going to give me a ration of grief for them.

The other lovely little monkey wrench is that my DH works for OSUMC, so they to be covered by OSU insurance/have admitting privileges there because OSU won't cover any hospital in the county but theirs. 

I know this is a little crazy and specific- I welcome ANY leads you gals might have!

#2 of 2 Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Women's Contemporary Healthcare in Westerville is very laid back.  I think you could probably find someone you're happy with.  I'm not so sure about the insurance issue, but they've gotten quite a few more on staff since I've been there.  There's a chance someone could have priviledges at OSU.  It's worth checking into.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page