Tell me about Tina Salgado please (MI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We met with Tina last night and LOVE her. However, she's $1,000 more than the other midwife we're considering (Kate Mazzara). She has a ton more experience it seems (almost 36 years as opposed to Kate's 8 or 9?)

As much as I hate to say it, money is a factor (although my husband told me not to worry about it). On top of it, Kate would come to us for prenatals as opposed to us having to drive over a half hour to Tina.

Anyone have experience either way ie Tina or Kate? I'm a second time VBAC if that matters what you'd recommend. I'd like to hear both good and bad so I don't repeat my last midwife experience. PM me if you'd prefer:)

#2 of 6 Old 02-19-2011, 07:42 AM

I can't recommend one against the other, but I've birthed at home twice.  We interviewed Tina for our last birth before we moved out of the area, and I was very, very happy with her experience.  I spoke with Kate over the phone, and she also was a very skilled midwife.  I don't think you could go wrong with either.  We chose Tina because of proximity and therefore ease of prenatals.  And fyi, most midwives are willing to work out payment arrangements with you.

How exciting to be setting up your homebirth!  biggrinbounce.gif

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#3 of 6 Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginabean View Post

We met with Tina last night and LOVE her. However, she's $1,000 more than the other midwife we're considering (Kate Mazzara). She has a ton more experience it seems (almost 36 years as opposed to Kate's 8 or 9?)

As much as I hate to say it, money is a factor (although my husband told me not to worry about it). On top of it, Kate would come to us for prenatals as opposed to us having to drive over a half hour to Tina.

Anyone have experience either way ie Tina or Kate? I'm a second time VBAC if that matters what you'd recommend. I'd like to hear both good and bad so I don't repeat my last midwife experience. PM me if you'd prefer:)

Not sure where you are at in the state but we used Goldie Parker and Kathy Milosch and LOVED them.  www.amotherstouchmidwifery.com and their rate was very reasonable and comparable as well as they came to my home for all my prenatals.   They drove quite a distance to come to our birth actually.  

Mama to a zoo!
#4 of 6 Old 02-27-2011, 07:34 PM

i used kate for my VBAC birth, and was pleased. i met goldie (not in a midwife interview, at a hypnobirth overview type thing- sorry for the language failure, lol) and was not impressed with her as a person. in fact i was a bit offended. but someone from my LLL group used her for her birth and was very happy.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli
#5 of 6 Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania8 View Post

i used kate for my VBAC birth, and was pleased. i met goldie (not in a midwife interview, at a hypnobirth overview type thing- sorry for the language failure, lol) and was not impressed with her as a person. in fact i was a bit offended. but someone from my LLL group used her for her birth and was very happy.

Goldie was my midwife last time. I will NOT be a repeat customer.

#6 of 6 Old 05-26-2011, 06:18 AM

I'm sure by now you've chosen your midwife (or probably had your baby!  :)  I just had to give a shout out for Tina, who caught all three of my babies in my home.  We LOVE her, and I can't say enough about her experience and support.  I had 3 VERY different labors and deliveries (my first being over 10 pounds, the second (at 9 pounds) had the cord completely wrapped around his neck), and Tina was AWESOME support for EVERYONE involved.  I have absolute confidence in her, every single step of the way.  She would never hesitate to tell it like it is, and my entire family feels she is worth every penny.  (My Mom might possibly be her biggest fan.  :) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page