New Ann Arbor Playgroup interest? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey,

I am an Ann Arborite looking to possibly start up a playgroup. I have a 5 month old and have been popping into breastfeeding cafe at Indigo Forest and Breastfeeding Center of A2  just for the social aspects. I have also been going to Ann Arbor Babywearers for the same reason. I thought it might be fun to start a playgroup just for general mommy and baby support and not tailored to any specific interest. I was thinking of using the Ann Arbor Matthaei Botanical Gardens as a site for Spring and Summer. They have nice open areas and a Children's play area and garden. We could throw down big blankets in the grassy commons area. There are also great walking paths and little garden areas if babies need a little walk. They are located fairly close to US-23 and M-14 so moms in Canton/Plymouth/Northville could get there pretty easily.  If we have a strong core group of moms maybe we can rotate to different houses during the winter months. I work part time so Mondays and Wednesdays work best for me or we could do Saturday or Sunday afternoons if working moms have an interest. I have found that working moms group at breastfeeding center of Ann Arbor is a no show event some times and other times just two or three moms show. Not sure if working moms just don't know about it or if weekends are generally bad for moms working or not. Please respond if you have an interest because if I get strong interest from moms I will further develop the plan! Oh, one more thing, I didn't really have an age range in mind. Like I said I have a 5 month old I personally think it's fun to have moms with different age babies so you can give advice to moms of younger kids and get advice from moms of older ones. I guess I was thinking moms of babies maybe under a year? Let me know what you think! Oh, and the Botanical Gardens are free unless you want to go into the conservatory which I think is donation based?

#2 of 2 Old 03-19-2011, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there!  My kids are older, but I wanted to make sure you knew about the Mothering Arts group at the Center for the Childbearing Year, here in Ann Arbor.  It's a wonderful group, and might fit your needs.  It's a great way to meet other mamas, and form lasting friendships.  Here's a link:  http://center4cby.com/mothering-arts-support-group.html 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page