St. Clair County Moms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2011, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I just recently moved to Capac. I have 5 kids and we homeschool, I'm putting my feelers out to see if there's any fun stuff going on in the area with other NFL/AP families!

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

And if there's not much planned out this way, lets do something ;-)

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Old 03-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey mama... Dawn Mantas, former NAMI member not sure if you know her... started a co/op in St Clair.

FB me and I can get you her email, I haven't seen her post about it recently so she may have a yahoo group you can join for info...

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Ugh!!  I lived in Capac for years and struggled to meet other mamas!!  I wish I still was, because I'm sure we'd get along great!  My husband's job was transferred in July '09 and we had to move.  I hope you find some good resources; I struggled to find stuff out that way.  There is a LLL meeting in Lapeer, and CHEBWA in Port Huron.  Not too terribly much otherwise (or at least before I left).

Are you in town or in the country?

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Dawn? yeah. I believe she's here on Mothering too eh? She was my doula for my first baby :-)

That's interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Thandiwwe- Ugh. Yeah, well that's good to know , that theres not much :-P There's so much fun stuff to do up here though!

We're actually right in town. The kids love it!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:48 AM

Cool!  We lived in town, too.  We lived on the south side, in the sub where it's half houses and half condos.  My family still lives in Capac, if we head out for a visit sometime, we'll have to hook up!

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Absolutely! Let's do coffee! or something, I don't know what's around, lol! ( of course I mean when your in town)

Ok, of course the condo sub. We live just north of "town" on Main.

User Tag List