Non-vax friendly pediatrician in Columbus area? - Mothering Forums
Indiana, Ohio, Michigan > Non-vax friendly pediatrician in Columbus area?
minkajane's Avatar minkajane 11:32 AM 04-19-2011

I tried to take DS to the ped for a checkup last week. As we were checking in, the receptionist asked for our vax records since it was our first visit. I said we don't. She immediately said that we wouldn't be able to be seen at that office, period, if we didn't. I'm kind of p*ssed off about it, to be honest. You refuse to provide medical care for a child because his parents make medical decisions for him instead of just doing what they're told? Good to know, didn't want a doctor like that anyway.

So now I need a non-vax friendly ped who also accepts Caresource. We need something kind of soon because I'm going to have a homebirth any day and it's just easier to get a birth certificate if you take the baby to a pediatrician after the birth. Anybody know anyone good?

rejoiceevermore's Avatar rejoiceevermore 03:33 PM 04-19-2011

Dr. Blackburn practices with a couple other doctors at a group whose name escapes me, but she is very vax friendly and ok with whatever you choose, we do not have insurance, so i dont know what insurances they take, but they took what we have before we lost it:) 538-9339 is her number. i believe the practice name is River's Edge Family Medecine, but i am not sure on that. they are located in dublin on bethel rd.

rejoiceevermore's Avatar rejoiceevermore 03:35 PM 04-19-2011

Dr. Blackburn practices with a couple other doctors at a group whose name escapes me, but she is very vax friendly and ok with whatever you choose, we do not have insurance, so i dont know what insurances they take, but they took what we have before we lost it:) 538-9339 is her number. i believe the practice name is River's Edge Family Medecine, but i am not sure on that. they are located in dublin on bethel rd. oh, and we had a homebirth with our #2 and they are very cool with that and checking out the baby afterwards too. just be sure to ask for dr. blackburn (shelly blackburn) i dont know that the other docs in the group are as vax friendly....

rejoiceevermore's Avatar rejoiceevermore 03:36 PM 04-19-2011

Dr. Blackburn practices with a couple other doctors at a group whose name escapes me, but she is very vax friendly and ok with whatever you choose, we do not have insurance, so i dont know what insurances they take, but they took what we had before we lost it:) 538-9339 is her number. i believe the practice name is River's Edge Family Medecine, but i am not sure on that. they are located in dublin on bethel rd. oh, and we had a homebirth with our #2 and they are very cool with that and checking out the baby afterwards too. just be sure to ask for dr. blackburn (shelly blackburn) i dont know that the other docs in the group are as vax friendly....

minkajane's Avatar minkajane 03:55 PM 04-19-2011

Thank you, that's actually fairly close to me. I will give her a call!

acx3's Avatar acx3 07:49 PM 04-21-2011
Dr.Sant at wholekidspediatrics.com is pretty amazing.
mammamo's Avatar mammamo 05:56 AM 04-22-2011

If you see a chiropractor, they are able to fill out the paper required for the birth cert :) Mine did, since he has mass experience with homebirth and my pedi had none.

buckeyedoc's Avatar buckeyedoc 10:23 AM 05-12-2011

Most non-vaxers or selective vaxers I know use Dr. Sant.

Up