Looking for a VBAC/plus sized mama friendly Midwife in DECATUR / FT. WAYNE, IN area. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A good friend of mine is looking for a reputable midwife in Decatur/Ft.Wayne IN. who is able to attend VBACs and is plus sized mama friendly. She'd prefer home birth, but birth center would be ok as well, if necessary. She is even willing to travel out of state if necessary towards the end of pregnancy, she is determined to have this baby vaginally! I know Google is a good place to start, but first hand experience is always great. Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM

Auburn Indiana has a birthing center, I am positive they are VBAC friendly. I can't find a site for the center or their midwives, but here is their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Auburn-Birthing-Center/118942668152102

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 05-03-2011, 05:42 PM

You actually cannot have a VBAC at the Auburn Birth Center but the midwives can attend one at the hospital.  These midwives are amazing!  The only reason they can't do VBAC at the center is because of the insurance company.  Goodluck!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

User Tag List