Farmers Market Indianapolis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm getting ready to move down to Indy and am wanting to find a good famers market.  We're going to be living on the northside and close to Carmel and Fishers.  I've heard that the Traders Point is good.  I'm really more interested in organic produce not so much artisans and such.  Thanks!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

#2 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 PM

The Trader's Point market is all organic, and has stricter rules on how much of the items the farmers sell they must produce. The Carmel market has the most vendors participating but looser rules- some organic, some not. I haven't been impressed with the Fishers, Noblesville or Westfield markets. The Broad Ripple market is popular, and there are multiple markets in Indianapolis, but I can't speak to those because I haven't visited them.

In the summer, the Trader's Point market is Friday night, and Carmel market is Saturday morning- I would visit those two first and decide which you like best!

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I'll definetly check those out!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2011, 07:41 PM

We go to the Broad Ripple Farmer’s Market almost every Saturday in the summer.  There is quite a bit of variety but you do need to go early if you’re looking for specific items.  Last year, we missed out on Spinach a few times because every one who had it sold out before we got there! I haven’t been to any of the other markets in/around Indy so I can’t compare, but I look forward to the BR one each weekend!  I’d love to hear opinions about other FM too!  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page