VBA2C in Michigan? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My Dr told me at my 8wk apt that I have no choice this time around after having had 2 c/s.  I really cannot have a 3rd c/s!  I don't have much help, it's a busy time of year for DH and the pain last time was AWFUL!  Plus I have 3 kiddos under age 7 already. 

Does anyone know of a hospital/Dr that is willing w/ work w/ me?  Please help!

#2 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 01:58 PM

You definitely have choices.  Where are you?  Michigan is a big place.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#3 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in livonia

#4 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Well, most of the homebirth midwives in the area would take you.  I would, unless there were complications with your 2nd c-section surgery that made me think you were higher risk.  You could also go to UofM.  I think you could be seen by the midwives. If not, I'm relatively certain that you could be seen by the OBs.  I have a doula client right now who is planning a vbac after a vertical incision at UofM and that is waaay riskier than a vba2c, especially if you have some history of vaginal birth, which it sounds like you do.  If one of the regular OBs won't take you, you could be seen by the Maternal Fetal medicine clinic.  I would definitely try the midwives first. 

In general, Henry Ford West Bloomfield is a VBAC-friendly hospital.  You could contact their midwife team and see if they would take you and if they won't, ask for a recommendation for an ob that works in that system.

Finally, there is Dr. Philip Fleming, who practices at St. Joe in Ann Arbor.  He is a VBAC-friendly OB.

Good luck!

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#5 of 7 Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

nope no complications w/ the surgeries!  TG!  I think I'll call U of M just to see.  Providence is VBAC friendly, but not after 2 c/s!  Thanks for the info!

#6 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM

Hi,

I really think you should check out Henry Ford West Bloomfield.  The Midwife team there is phenomenol!  I am pretty sure that they will work with you and the hospital is amazing.  The care you recieve is great and all of your choices are respected.

Thanks for listening!

#7 of 7 Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Fay

Check with St. Mary Mercy, too.  At St. Mary's it may depend on which OB is on call during your birth.  A planned homebirth may be your best option.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page