Indianapolis Area -- Homebirth Midwife that Accepts Medicaid patients? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-28-2011, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a midwife that can attend a homebirth and accepts medicaid patients. I'm 23 weeks along and have had a previous c-section, and a horrible experience, and would really like to find one. Anyone know where I can look or know of any personal experiences in the area? Thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  I don't know of any homebirthing midwives in Indy that accept medicaid.  Sorry.  Good luck in your search and pregnancy.

#3 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Hi.  I don't believe that any homebirth midwife accepts medicaid as payment(I don't think they can, I don't think Medicaid pays for homebirths), but some do discount their fee for Women who are on/eligible for Medicaid.  I know some people on here know a lot more than i do about Indy area midwives, I'll let them chime in. 

CPST
#4 of 5 Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 PM

Hi! I would try contacting midwives directly to find out if they have a sliding scale or accept Medicaid. While homebirth may not be covered, surely pre-natal and post-natal exams would be, right? Just a guess. Do you have any midwife names or contact info? If not, I can PM you the contact info for midwives in the area. Are you seeking a CNM or CPM?

Congratulations!!

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#5 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 02:34 PM

The only midwife I know of is Penny Lane CNM.  She still charges a large cash fee to cover the cost of her assistant which is not covered by medicaid.  All of the CPMs that I know in the area have sliding scales and will barter so you should contact the indiana midwives association to get contact information for some near you and talk to them.

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page