Lavender Farm 7/16 errrrr 7/15 :-) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'll be planning a trip to Yule Love It Lavender Farm soon, end of June, first of July. Waiting on word on whether the weather has affected the blooms.
Thought it might be fun to make this a group thing. Yule Love It is located in Leonard.
Here's the website: LavenderFarm

If we get a group I'll call and set it up thumb.gif

I should add, they are open Wed, Fri, and Sat. 10-4
The idea is to pick our own lavender bundles, for tea, lavender water, sachets, wreaths, and other things love.gif

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATE: The weather has affected the farm this year. She lost a lot due to the wet weather. There will still be plenty to harvest although a bit later, Mid-July. And plenty of potted lavender ready to go.

I think it would be nice to plan this around one of the speaking times.
Iris the owner gives a talk every Fri at 1pm about the growing and use of lavender.
Every Sat she has a guest speaker, geared toward husbandry, our connection to the earth.

I'm excited joy.gif

Are ya in? Any input on times, a fri or sat?

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh I love Lavender! I have been wanting to make a trip to this farm once I heard about it this Spring. My schedule is pretty crazy this summer so I would hate to pick a day and not be able to go. Hopefully more people show interest and I can try to make it on whatever day you choose! 

Doula mom to Leo [7.11.10] and fiance to Jakefamilybed1.gif

Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well, haven't gotten many responses yet................

Let's shoot for Saturday July 9th, 11:30? I'll give her another call and confirm that the time sounds good.

And if anyone's interested, your welcome to my house afterwards. I'm a bit northeast of Leonard, in Capac.

We can eat, let the kids chill and talk some more lavender winky.gif!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

The kids and I will be there July 16th a bit before 1. Herbalist Jim McDonald will be there 1pm - 2. Looks like there is a general $3 admission.

It's the same weekend as the Lavender Festival at Blakes Armada which is also another awesome Lavender thing to do luxlove.gif.

This will be our first time to Yule Love It! And I'm hoping it'll be a bit more hands on with the kids. They always enjoy farm trips.

flower.gif   greenthumb.gif

I'm already clearing a spot in the yard for some hardy lavender plants.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We will see you there!

Emilee
Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Due to the crazy high humidity and temps predicted for tomorrow, we'll be there today at 2!

User Tag List