Looking for resources-VBA3C in Toledo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-14-2011, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was referred to this forum by a self proclaimed 'crunchy' mom I'm friends with.  I am not currently pregnant, but considering a 4th baby sometime in the next year.  I was induced with my first baby at 41 weeks with cervidal (sp?) and pitocin, and after laboring for about 13 hours I wasn't dilating and it was decided to do a c-section.  With my second baby, I was interested in doing a VBAC, but my doctor wasn't encouraging and basically told me at 38 weeks that it 'wasn't going to happen naturally for me'.  Another c-section was scheduled, and then I wasn't given a choice for the 3rd baby.  My youngest child is now almost 4 years old, I turn 29 this year, and suddenly the thought of a 4th baby is on my mind.  I've always regretted the birthing experiences with my first 3 babies, and have felt cheated out of an experience that should have been mine by doctors who were uninformed, pushy, and eager to get home to their families.  I had discarded the notion, however, of being able to do anything different the 4th time around until recently.  I'm only barely into researching, and my husband is only quasi-onboard (extremely worried about the dangers to me).  I feel like this is my last chance to get it right-and I want to explore every safe and reasonable option.  

I'm looking for any advice from people who have BTDT, and also for recommendations for a natural-friendly practice in the Toledo area that I might have luck with.  I have no idea what our insurance would cover, but a doula, midwife, or even an OB that may work with me would be really appreciated.  I also haven't had a chance to check over my medical records from my past sections-no idea what kind of internal incision I have (outside incision is the low transverse) or how many layers of sutures were placed, which I know all factors in.  TIA for any advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page