Good CNMs/MDs near Westlake, Ohio - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm pregnant with my first and moving to Ohio at the beginning of August (EDD is early October). I need to find a good practitioner, and fast! I've had my eye on the midwifery and OB/GYN practices at the St. John Medical Center in Westlake for some time, because I really like the hospital's philosophy and appropriately low C-section rates.

Could anyone recommend a CNM, family practitioner, or OB in Westlake? And does anyone know anything about the doctors/midwives at the St. John Medical Center?

#2 of 5 Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

I gave birth at St. John's Holistic Birth Center.  :)  My midwife no longer works there, but there are other midwives who do.  Colleen Brezine and Colleen Zelonis, both of whom I met, are really nice and sweet.  There are also a few others listed on westshoremidwifery.com. Perhaps you could set up phone interviews with them or email them?  I am sure you would get a quick response.  Colleen Zelonis' personal email is listed at her website westshore midwives.  The others' have their numbers listed only. 

Hope this helps!

Jodie

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#3 of 5 Old 07-09-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much, Jodie! That was really helpful.

#4 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 AM

I'm using this midwife practice and will deliver at SJWS.  It seems like that I am a patient of Colleen B., but will see all or most the midwives at some point during my pregnancy.  There is no certainty who will deliver me, since you can never predict how many women will be laboring at that time, but so far I am happy with all the midwives that I've met. 

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#5 of 5 Old 07-14-2011, 04:04 PM

I love Colleen B.  luxlove.gif But I've heard good things about all of them. 

And welcome to the area!

There's also a practice of OB's and a couple midwives that are in Westlake as well, affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic, specifically at Fairview Hospital.  I had my DD there and it was very um, medical.  Though they do have a great NICU if that's a concern.

SJMC is now connected to University Hospitals of Cleveland, and they also have great NICU and ped units. 

Robyn 3/26/07

angel1.gif 2.06 11 weeks, 3.10 6 weeks, 11.10 8 weeks, 7.11 5 weeks

TWINS due 4.03.13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page