placenta encapsulation South Bend, IN or Kalamazoo, MI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-10-2011, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm squeemish about eating my placenta so would like it in pill form. I don't see myself having time to  steam and dehydrate it before it goes bad. Is there someone locally I can call after the birth to come over and process it for me? How much is this going to cost? I live between Kalamazoo, MI and South Bend, In so anyone close to those towns will probably be fine

#2 of 6 Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 AM

My doula did mine right after the birth and she included it in her fees (or she did it out of the kindness of her heart). Honestly, it is really easy to do, would your spouse do it for you? The gnarliest part of encapsulation, IMO, is steaming it. After that you dehydrate, then crush, and encapsulate. You can by kids online that have the capsules and encapsulator- I think Natural Baby Co. carries the kit.

If you aren't interested in doing it yourself, then I would contact the doula network in South Bend and Kalamazoo and see if any of their doulas do it.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#3 of 6 Old 07-16-2011, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thqanks, I posted this question on the local natural birth board which is very active. I'm also looking into having a home birth after another bad OB appt. I'll ask the midwives I contact about placenta encapsulation too

#4 of 6 Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 PM

My homebirth MW serves the South Bend area, and I highly recommend her (PM me if you would like her name). Good luck orngbiggrin.gif

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#5 of 6 Old 09-28-2011, 05:43 PM

Probably a little late here in responding, but we offer placenta services in Michigan.

After Birth Service

afterbirthservice.com

afterbirthservice@yahoo.com

Placenta encapsulation, placenta tincture, placenta homeopathic remedies, placenta salves, and placenta art.

#6 of 6 Old 09-16-2012, 01:04 AM

We offer placenta services as well, servicing MI, OH, IN &IL.

We are ask interested in hearing from moms who have consumed their placentas. We are conducting a placentophagia research study. The short form can be submitted from our website.

Your Placenta

itsyourplacenta.com

yourplacenta@yahoo.com

Placenta services include: encapsulation w/non-GMO capsules, jewelry, professional photography, organic custom skin salve, tinctures w/organic alcohol, organic oils, colorful artwork, pathology reports & more.

I am a homeschooling mom and placenta encapsulator serving: Michigan, Ohio and northern Indiana - www.itsyourplacenta.com . Mention, "mothering" for $20 off of your encapsulation package! 

Have you consumed Your Placenta? Please participate in my research...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page