Columbus Ohio DOCTORS... where to look?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-10-2011, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Columbus folks! Help me out. I am new to town (moved June 1) and really need a doctor. I am not too concerned about midwives/obgyn stuff right at this moment (though I probably should be.....) I will work on that when the need is more evident. Also not in need of a pediatrician, thanks to another thread here on MDC we are using Dr. Sant at WholeKids and absolutely LOVE her so far! 

That said, I have some serious medical issues. If I knew what they were, I'd spell it out, but I don't. I have been trying to get a diagnosis for 6 years. I DID finally get diagnosed with Celiac Disease last year but there are still lasting issues like constant joint pain, chronic fatigue, horrific mood swings, and sleep problems to name a few. I want to get better so badly because it's effecting every area of my life... but I have  NO idea where to start? Anyone have a primary care physician who LISTENS really, really well and is well-attuned to how food affects health? I need some suggestions. I am on the southeast side of the city (Canal Winchester) but I am willing to travel a half hour and maybe more for the right doctor. TIA!

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

#2 of 2 Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Sorry I don't know about a dr, but I wanted to recommend Women's Contemporary Health Care for midwives/ob's.  They're in Westerville, so it's a bit of a drive, but it is worth it!   They're the most natural friendly practice in the area and the only one to offer waterbirths.  I see Becky, but I've heard great things about everybody. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page