Linda Johnson, CNM (Mother's Own Birth Center) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone tell me about her approach as a midwife during the prenatal period as well as during labor?  Does an assistant travel with her?  We have decided on a homebirth and just wanted to get some opinions based on personal experiences.  Feel free to PM me.  Thank you and MUCH appreciated.

#2 of 4 Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM

We used Linda when I was pregnant with our 3rd and were really happy with her care.  She's pretty hands off and was very respectful of the choices we made.  We're expecting another baby in January and are seeing her again.

Birth Circle starts again in September, I believe.  They meet the last Monday of the month.  It's a nice informal gathering and a great way to check out the birth center and meet some of the staff, as well as talk to other like minded mama's.

Amanda, wife to A , mama to D ('05), O ('07), and W ('10)
#3 of 4 Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 PM

We also used Linda with our 2nd child and now with our 3rd (due any next week smile.gif).  After my first pregnancy which was very intervention heavy due to complications and ended with DD coming 7 weeks early and spending 3 weeks in the NICU, I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have Linda providing our care.  As the PP said, she is more hands-off which we really needed and appreciated.  Prenatal visits are very comfortable as they are at the birth center which is a very welcoming space and she spends a lot of time talking with families, going over questions and discussing options.  She really encourages mothers and families to educate themselves and is very respectful of their decisions.  With our son, we ended up having to transfer after an hour of pushing at home, and both DH and I have said repeatedly how grateful we are to have had her with us.  She very quickly assessed the need for the transfer without frightening or forcing us and stayed with me through the entire birth at the hospital.  Really, I can't say enough good things about Linda!

As for your questions, she does travel with an assistant for births.  She has an amazing team of women working with her - Stephanie attended my birth and was a wonderful  support as well.  I also agree with the PP - Birth Circle is a great opportunity to meet Linda, her staff and visit the birth center.  

Good luck to you! thumb.gif

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#4 of 4 Old 08-14-2011, 07:08 AM

PM'd you. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page