Grand Rapids: can you recommend a great nanny/babysitter for 1 day of childcare? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We will be visiting the Grand Rapids area for work in August, and are looking for an experienced babysitter/nanny to take care of our 3 1/2 year old daughter for about five hours in the the middle of the day on August 25th, probably at least part of it at the children's museum. We'd probably also try to get together with this person (paid) for an hour or two sometime on August 24th, so that they wouldn't be a total stranger to our daughter.

Can anyone recommend a nurturing, reliable, experienced childcare person?

Requirements:
Must be a college student or older.
Must have cared for children from many different families, not just one or two.
Must be excellent at engaging kids quickly (rather than the kind of person who does well once the kid warms up to them).
Must be patient and nurturing, so that if a kid is sad that she's not with her parents, they'll be able to help her through that.
Having access to a car would probably make life easier, particularly for getting together on the 24th.

Feel free to post here or respond by private message.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No one in the Grand Rapids area has a nanny or babysitter you could recommend? I'm getting scared about how we will find someone. guilty.gif
#3 of 3 Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wish I had an answer for you... I live in GR but do not know of anyone. Despite the fact that I have 4 children, my husband and I work opposite shifts so we do not have to have a sitter. Have you tried care.com to find someone? 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page