Fort Wayne, IN- hello and some questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family and I are moving to Ft Wayne (not exactly sure where yet) in the next month or two. My husband will be working in Warsaw. Hoping to connect with lots of cool moms asap! I have two daughters, 3 1/2 and 15 months. I have joined the Ft Wayne Holistic living page on FB. Is there is Holistic moms chapter as well? Is it very active?

We currently live in Massachusetts, just south of Boston. I really love it here and really want to set it up so we start making friends and having things to do as soon as possible after we get out. I don't want us to get stuck at home and get in a rut right as winter is about to start. I belong to a local "crunchy moms" group here and that has been fantastic for us. I have met some great friends that way, and so have my girls. I looked on meetup.com but didn't see anything similar for Ft Wayne.

We have visited once and I visited two of the health food stores (fresh market and the three rivers co-op) and I think there is one more health food store maybe? it looks like we will be able to get most things we are used to here. I am interested in finding some local meat that is raised humanly and healthy, are there many choices for that? We passed by the farm that has the farmer's market a few times, that looks good, is that a very active farmer's market?

Does anyone know of a holistic Vet? How about holistic health options for myself and my girls? I know the holistic living page on FB has some info on pediatricians, I will look at that.

we will be joining the YMCA and that looks great, so many classes and all day babysitting for the girls, that will be sweet! I love yoga and cardio kickboxing.

I read that there is a Buddhist Temple in Ft Wayne, has anyone been there?

I think that is it for the questions for now, thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Cheryl. 

Did you get your questions answered?

-Mandy

User Tag List