Ohio- need doctor okay with selective/delayed vaccines in Columbus, Grove City, Galloway/surrounding area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-29-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need a doctor in the area of Columbus, Grove City, Galloway, or surrounding area who is okay with seeing children with selective/delayed vaccines. I'm really frustrated right now. The offices I have called either are not accepting new patients with Caresource (their insurance) at all, or if they are they will not see my youngest child who hasn't had any vaccines yet. I would like to get her started on the tetanus series, but no one will see her because I want to chose which vaccines and when. I'm going to be taking her to the health department to get the series started, but would really like to have a Ped or family doctor for my children. As it is I have to take them to urgent care if they need to be seen for something because doctor's just won't accept them as patients! If anyone knows a respectful doctor we could see, please, please, please post and help me. :(

blogging.jpg

#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Highly recommend Dr. Sant at WholeKids Pediatrics in Columbus if you can get up that way. Highly respectful of parents' right to choose for their child on many issues - she will talk to you and hear you out on most anything. We haven't even discussed the topic of vaccines about my 7 mo old DD so far, and though she mentioned it in reference to my 3 year old DS at the last appointment, I just said I wasn't ready to decide and that was that.

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

#3 of 7 Old 08-30-2011, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. :) I will contact her office. I will keep my fingers crossed they will accept our insurance. Seems hardly anyone wants to these days. :(

blogging.jpg

#4 of 7 Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

They don't accept Caresource. :(

I can switch to Molina in November, but I'm fairly certain they don't accept that either. I searched on Molina's website for her office and nothing came up. I called and left a message asking just in case.

Anyone else know a good, respectful doctor who accepts a parent's right to make medical decisions for their children when it comes to vaccines? I don't understand all this bullying and harassment coming from medical professionals.

blogging.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 03:53 PM

did you find anyone you liked yet?  I take my completely non-vaxed 4 year old to Dr. Ali Carine in upper Arlington.  no problems with my decisions and she is an Intergrated pediatrics physician specializing in allergies and treats a number of families dealing with autism.

me-45, DH-46, ds1-23, ds2-18, dd1-17, dd2-14, dd3-4....hoping for #6.....

#6 of 7 Old 02-16-2012, 03:33 PM

I just wanted to chime in too.  We see Dr. Shelley Blackburn.  She is family practice and her office is up on Bethel and Sawmill.  She hasn't ever really pushed us for either of our non-vaxed kids.  She is pro-vax, but totally seems to respect our rights and is always friendly and cheerful.  Oh, and they take Molina, or they did a short time ago!!

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#7 of 7 Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 PM

We see Dr. Kristina Lehman at OSU Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Her office is located in Grandview. She's very comfortable with our alternative vaccine schedule. Also, she's pretty awesome overall.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page