Northside Indianapolis/Carmel/Westfield etc folks???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2011, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been living here for 3 years now and have yet to find a real "tribe" of like minded mommas in my area.  I tried creating a Yahoo Group, with intention of meeting up regularly, but I cannot seem to kick start it.  I have a very very active 2 year old boy and a 5 year old girl that is in Montessori kindergarten til 3pm everyday.  I am in desperate need of connection with folks that "get" our choices - and would love to form a playgroup with moms of toddlers/early preschoolers!

If you live in the Westfield, Carmel, Zionsville, Noblesville, North Indy, etc area- let's connect. please. :)

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 PM

Hi Kelly,

We just moved here as well.  Although both my husband and I grew up in Indiana, but have since spent our adult lives in Colorado and Chicago.  We moved in July.  I have three kids: 6 mo, 2 1/2, and 4.  Older two are girls, little one is a boy.   I'd be willing to join a friendly group of moms and kids.  What is your yahoo group's name?

Erica

Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Hello!  I saw this come through my email updates and thought I'd jump in as well!   I've lived here for awhile, but don't know a ton of like minded mommies.  I only have one child - she'll be 2 in a few weeks.

Beth

Old 10-28-2011, 01:17 PM

Hello,

I am joining this conversation a little late. I would love to get together with some like minded moms as well. We live on the northside of Indy and I have a nearly 10 month old, very active, girl. I am really interested in giving her opportunities so socialize with other kids.

Liz

Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM

I live on the east side of Indianapolis, have for a long time. I'm expecting a new baby at the end of the month. There used to be a LLL group in this side of town, but there isn't now, and we used to have an AP group for the city that met online and IRL but I think it is no longer functioning. Most of my parent friends have kids the age of my older daughter, who is nine. She's in school all day and I'd love to meet more moms with littler ones, not yet in school. Keep me posted on your group.

Shellie

Shellieek
Midwestern librarian, teacher and stepmom to In (1994) and Em (1997); mom to Gin (2002) and to Wren (11/2011); former LCCE and former LLL Leader

Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM

So, it seems like there is a small group of us.... KellyKins, what is your yahoo group so we can all join?  Anyone have any thoughts on trying to get together?  If we don't hear back from KellyKins, I'll start our own yahoo group.

Happy Rainy Day,

Erica

Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my gracious, guys!!! I am sooooo sorry that I haven't checked in in so so long.

I am a total slacker!!

the group on yahoogroups is connectedmotheringindy and I would love to see some activity there ;) ;) it honestly is very very quiet and I have not put forth enough effort/been organized enough to make any playdates happen. I have a New Year's goal of making playdates happen and getting some activity going - even if it is online discussion... something SOMETHING with the (seemingly few and far between) "Mothering" reader style mamas! :) :) Please join the group and I will approve as soon as I see it!!

This link should take you straigh there (I think) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ConnectedMotheringIndy

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

User Tag List