New Single Mom in desperate need of friends nearby on East Side of Cincinnati... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-09-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a newly single mom of two wonderful kids (4 year old and 18 month old) that lives in East of Cincinnati (Batavia).  Living in the further East side of Cincinnati presents some...erg...challenges when trying to raise my wonderful two children in a.....more natural way. I am a vegetarian, whole food lovin', baby wearing, toddler nursing, attachment parenting Social Liberal.  You should see me trying to blend into my environment...I stick out like a sore thumb.  I am used to it because I grew up around here, but I would love to make some friends nearby until I can move closer to downtown in the distant future.  I know lots of things to do in Cincy and meet lots of like-minded individuals, but it takes me lots of planning, travel, and time to even meet up with friends downtown or in Northside. I have tried the local La Leche league but I seem like a crazy liberal even in that scene!  I would just like to call someone and hang out, sometimes! 

I would just like meet some friends who A) live closer, B) who share some similar values and C) who want a friend, too.  Plus, I have been finding that being single make me crave more social support since I no longer have the support of a partner.  I am normally free during the days as a SAHM and a grad student in night school.  Sorry, if I sound too desparate, but I am just keeping it real....LOL

#2 of 2 Old 10-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ooo, ooo! Me! Pick me! ;-) I'm in Loveland. We just moved here at the beginning of May from Lexington KY, and haven't built up any kind of friend network here yet besides 1 friend in Blue Ash who moved up here a year before I did from Lexington, but she's already got her own thing going on. I've been missing my lovely natural-minded mom friends something awful recently. I just happen to have a 4 year-old daughter and a 17 month-old son. How about that. Still nursing and wearing the boy of course, and plan to for some time yet. Thinking about maybe Cincinnati Waldorf School for my girl. I actually just jumped on here to see if anyone had written anything about it and saw your post. Since I'd just been bemoaning my lack of local friends, I thought I should drop you a line. :-) Wanna meet up?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page