La Bassine PRO Professional Birth Pool for sale - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-02-2011, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here's a link for a description http://waterbirthsolutionsstore.com/product.sc;jsessionid=EFEC785EBC58648B1CF617BA8B33802E.qscstrfrnt06?productId=97&categoryId=8

I never used it for labor or birth, however, it was inflated and filled once.  Paid $225 for it and I am asking $150.  I live in Jackson County.  PM me if interested.

Mama to my girls on earth and in heaven... innocent.gif K (10); energy.gifA (6); energy.gifL (3)

candle.gifBella (19 weeks) Jan '10; candle.gifRachel (16 weeks) Dec '10; candle.gifGrace (18 weeks) Oct '11; angel1.gif(10weeks)May '10, angel1.gif(4.5 weeks) Jun '07; angel1.gif(10weeks) Jun '98

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-02-2011, 11:01 AM

You bought the professional grade for single use at a home birth? That tub should be good for many births to come. I think they are supposed to last for at least 10 if treated kindly. Do you also have the air pump and sump pump?

If you don't find any takers among the home birth moms, you might want to try listing it through the Michigan Midwives site.

Linda

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
#3 of 5 Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

When I bought it in several years ago I don't recall the description saying anything about usage.  I don't remember a cheaper option being available to buy then either, but I just may not remember! duh.gif I saw their website said up to 10 uses but I don't recall it being on there when I ordered it.  I hope I can get rid of it because I will never be able to use it.  Thanks for the suggestion though innocent.gif

Mama to my girls on earth and in heaven... innocent.gif K (10); energy.gifA (6); energy.gifL (3)

candle.gifBella (19 weeks) Jan '10; candle.gifRachel (16 weeks) Dec '10; candle.gifGrace (18 weeks) Oct '11; angel1.gif(10weeks)May '10, angel1.gif(4.5 weeks) Jun '07; angel1.gif(10weeks) Jun '98

#4 of 5 Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 AM

The blue tubs are for personal use and are guaranteed for one birth. They cost less than $100. The purple ones are professional grade because the are made with a thinker vinyl or plastic. I have talked with Marla and waterbirth solutions and she's the one who told me how long they are meant to last.

I have purchased both kinds and find that, if treated gently, they both hold up pretty well. I have 4 total and find that I need to replace them about once a year, so about every 10-12 births.

You may also want to cross post over on the Midwives or Doulas section of MDC.

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
#5 of 5 Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Is this pool still available and if so, I want to confirm it is the purple professional grade.  And how old is it?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page