Moving to Cleveland, OH area, looking for like-minded moms - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-16-2012, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband, 21 month old son Jason and I currently live in the Pasadena area, CA. I am part of a lovely mommy group organized by an awesome midwife. We are all AP-parents who practice gentle discipline.

This week my husband was told we are being relocated to Mentor, OH. I am really hoping to find some like-minded mamas who live in that area, as I am quite sad to leave all my wonderful friends behind. I have these visions of other moms sneering at me for still nursing my toddler and having him in cloth diapers. Any mamas here from that area?

#2 of 8 Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Good luck with the move!

#3 of 8 Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply! I am so relieved to know there will be other "hippie" moms! We will be going on a pre-move trip soon. I'll look into the heights areas you recommended. I really don't know anything about Ohio except that it has cold, long, grey winters. Which will take some getting used to after six years in SoCal. I will PM you once I have more specific questions. Thanks again.

#4 of 8 Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

@scsigrl - I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. It looks like we will probably be moving to Mentor, OH. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for good, play-based, child-centered preschools/daycares? 

#5 of 8 Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

@scsigrl - I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. It looks like we will probably be moving to Mentor, OH. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for good, play-based, child-centered preschools/daycares? 

#6 of 8 Old 06-30-2012, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Huh. Not sure why it wouldn't let you.  

I have no ideas on childcare centers.  I am a SAHM and my Mom watches my sisters kids so I can't even get recommendations there.  There is an AP Cleveland web forum that has some east side Moms that may be able to help you out. 

Sorry can't help ya with this one.

#7 of 8 Old 12-19-2012, 04:21 PM

Nikki3124, I know I'm coming into this late! Not sure if you've moved already? I live in Kirtland, a small, neighboring town. 

Are you interested in Montessori?  Hershey Montessori in Mentor/Concord, or Lake Montessori in Wickliffe, which is not too far.  I also had a friend in Mentor who offered natural home-based child care ... I could ask if she's still doing that. 

#8 of 8 Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnicula View Post

Nikki3124, I know I'm coming into this late! Not sure if you've moved already? I live in Kirtland, a small, neighboring town. 

Are you interested in Montessori?  Hershey Montessori in Mentor/Concord, or Lake Montessori in Wickliffe, which is not too far.  I also had a friend in Mentor who offered natural home-based child care ... I could ask if she's still doing that. 

Thanks for the response! I did look at the Montessori school in Wickliffe, but we've decided to homeschool at least through the preschool years and maybe beyond. Still looking for like-minded mamas though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page