Columbus/Hilliard - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-04-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey! 

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my first- a little boy! I'd love to meet other new mothers or mothers-to-be. I am quite young, 21. Any other Cbus-ers out there? Or possibly any meet ups? The only meetings I know of around here involve moms with kids already and they go finger painting or something... It'd be a little weird for me to attend as they are very child-centered... something I'd love once Nico is here, but until then... You know. (; 

Rose. 

My blog at www.rememberbaby.wordpress.com, filled with letters to my little one starting from 5 weeks pregnant until now!

stork-boy.gif September 30th, 2012 Nicolas Cobourne

computergeek2.gifslingboy.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gifphotosmile2.gifsigncirc1.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I thought I'd bump your post up for attention and suggest you join a Due Date Club to connect with other members due around the same time as you. love.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. (: I'm actually part of my DDC but none are from my area. I was hoping to meet some local moms!

My blog at www.rememberbaby.wordpress.com, filled with letters to my little one starting from 5 weeks pregnant until now!

stork-boy.gif September 30th, 2012 Nicolas Cobourne

computergeek2.gifslingboy.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gifphotosmile2.gifsigncirc1.gifhomeschool.gif

#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM

Have you checked out La Leche League?  There is a group that meets at Sprout Soup in Clintonville, and I believe there is a Hilliard-area group, as well.  I went to some LLL meetings before my first was born, and I found that being around other nursing dyads was a good education for me.  LLL often focuses on babies rather than older toddlers/preschoolers and bigger kids, so the age difference between your almost-here baby and the babes of the moms at La Leche ultimately may not be much.

I know some people who made good mom friends at the Sprout Soup moms group and through Columbus AP Village, but I haven't been involved with those groups myself.

toddler.giffamilybed1.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF  waterbirth.jpg. Can't wait to homeschool.gif.

gd.gifsigncirc1.gifwhale.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page