University of Michigan Waterbirths for VBAC's - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello. I am expecting my fifth child, due in December, and am considering giving birth at U of M with the midwives. #1 was a c/s. #2 was a hospital VBAC. #3 and #4 were both unassisted home waterbirths. Do they allow waterbirths for VBAC patients? I have an appointment with Joanne Bailey next month, but thought I'd throw this question out there, in case someone could answer for me :) Thanks!

Erica, wife to Jason (March 2002) . Mama to Ava (June 2003) , Jason Jr. [AKA JJ] (August 2004) , Lila (January 2009) , Maura (October 2010) , and a new person in December 2012!
#2 of 5 Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Just bumping so you can get some more views and hopefully someone with some info on this will see it!

#3 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 04:26 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure if they do water birth for VBAC or not, but I wanted to say that I saw JoAnne  twice while my midwife was out with a broken arm, and she was AMAZING!!!!  Very respectful of my views, anwsered any questions I had with inteligent responces.  

I was asking about the gestational diabeties test, I didn't really want to drink the nasty drink if I didn't need to, and we desided to do a fasting blood draw (since I needed to do this anyways for other reasons) and go from there.  VERY respectful to my I always keep my pants on policy.  I'm 28 weeks and haven't taken them off yet :)  Also there was NO pushing to do any tests, but the willingness to do them if I wanted them was there!!  I don't have enough nice words about her!!

Mom knit.gif to DS 8y/obikenew.gif  10/11  angel1.gif   

2/1/12   pos.gif Yay!!

#4 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Hmm I'm not sure! I just gave birth there (again!) in March, and the new facility is gorgeous! I was still using an OB this time, but next time, midwife for sure! I was also pleasantly surprised how great they were about me birthing however I wanted to. I was able to get up and move around, they followed my birth plan to a tee, it was great! Good luck! :) (and Go Blue!)

#5 of 5 Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

I have a wonderful update. I "liked" the U of M Midwives page on Facebook, and sent my question to them there. Joanne personally responded. They DO allow waterbirths for VBAC's! I am so excited for my appointment with her next week.

Erica, wife to Jason (March 2002) . Mama to Ava (June 2003) , Jason Jr. [AKA JJ] (August 2004) , Lila (January 2009) , Maura (October 2010) , and a new person in December 2012!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page