Looking for recommendation for an anti-vax friendly pediatrician - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, so I have to imagine this has been posted numerous times.  I can't believe I'm the only one that's had problems with this.  I'm new here, so please forgive if this is a dupe post.  I didn't see it in recent threads or a search.

We cannot find a pediatrician who does not pressure to vaccinate, and some won't even see us unless we vaccinate.  Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in the Royal Oak/Troy/Warren/Madison Heights area (and surrounding) that will at least see us for well visits?  I've been told repeatedly that I should probably look at family doctors, but I don't even know where to start without some recommendations.

I saw the latest post recommending the local LLL, but I'd feel bad contacting them for just that.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks, ladies!

-Kate

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Did you try searching this forum for "pediatrician + vaccinations"? Not sure if this will work but see if it brings up a list of threads for you:

http://www.mothering.com/community/search.php?search=pediatrician+vaccinations&containingforum%5B%5D=80&output=all&action=disp

Old 08-14-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

Did you try searching this forum for "pediatrician + vaccinations"? Not sure if this will work but see if it brings up a list of threads for you:

http://www.mothering.com/community/search.php?search=pediatrician+vaccinations&containingforum%5B%5D=80&output=all&action=disp

The link didn't work, but I did the search and it didn't really help.  :(  I'm starting to get really discouraged and I'm running out of time.  It's a hard thing to talk about with just anyone too, so I have to be careful who I approach for recommendations.  I actually got a recommendation from a doctor friend who insisted that this particular pediatrician would listen to us and not push us.  When I called to schedule a meet and greet, the first thing they asked was if we plan to vaccinate.  When I said no, their response was "then we're not the office for you."  And that was that.

I did not think it would be this hard to find a doctor for well visits.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Wow, sounds like it's getting bad out there. I used to go to Dr. Rudnick, Harper Family Practice (St.Clair Shores). She was ok with non-vax, in fact even supportive. Her husband in the practice, Dr. Burgoyne...not so much. I have gotten into many an "argument" with him. I think the drug companies are getting the best of these doctors. Right now I lucked out on an awesome family practice, but we're up near Imlay City now, a bit of a drive for you.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah.  People keep telling me I'd be better off just going to a family doctor, but I don't even know where to start with that.  I'm sure not all family doctors will see infants.  I pretty much have no idea what to do at this point, other than just find a doc who might lecture me about vaccinating, but let me get away with refusing.  Doesn't make for a very enjoyable experience when you're new at this and already very anxious.  :(

Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've never met a family doctor who didn't take infants. That is definitely the route I would take as well (well I DO take that route, lol!). All your going for is check-ups with bb right?

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah.  Just well visits or whatever.  Weighing, etc...

Thanks.  I will see what I can figure out.  :)

Old 08-22-2012, 11:08 AM

Hi, Clinton Preferred Pediatrics
15500 19 Mile Rd Ste 300
Clinton Township, MI 48038
 There are a few drs. there, just one is very non-vaccine friendly, Dr. Raymond Buzenski. Very respectful and nice. Might be a little farther then you wanted but at the least it is a place to start :))

Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!!!!

I think we may have found a family doctor that's not too far from us, that has agreed to see our little one when he gets here.  If that doesn't work out, I will definitely look into this doctor.

I so appreciate your recommendation!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 PM

We have to search, yet again. Our doctor is charging a monthly fee now and we just can't make it work. I'm devastated. If you like the new one, let us know! I'm willing to travel anywhere at this point! (I'm in Oakland County)
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamavan View Post

We have to search, yet again. Our doctor is charging a monthly fee now and we just can't make it work. I'm devastated. If you like the new one, let us know! I'm willing to travel anywhere at this point! (I'm in Oakland County)

Wait... What? A monthly fee for what? I've never heard of such a thing. Don't they make enough money off of us already? Plus, everyone is paying for at least a portion of their insurance at this point. Ugh.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM

A few of my friends have had excellent things to say about George Nicoloff. He's a family practice doc in Novi

Christa
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM

Hi!
I was actually coming on here to write the same exact post you just did. We are in the same area. If you do find a dr can you please let me know who. I would really appreciate it. We have been having difficulties with every ped we see. :-/

User Tag List