University of Michigan's new women's hospital - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone given birth at the new UM women's hospital?  How are the nurses and lactation consultants?  I am thinking of using Dr Bartelme of UM Integrative Medicine Clinic this time and delivering at UM.  My other consideration is Dr. Fleming of Caritas Center for Womens' Health and delivering at St Joe's.  I've read many positive comments about St Joe's postpartum care.  My first child was born at DMC Huron Valley in Commerce Township--I didn't like the after care there.

I hope to hear other mom's experiences at these hospitals.  Thanks!

broc1.gifcarrot.gif

#2 of 3 Old 08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Bumping for input. :)

#3 of 3 Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've given birth three times at U of M, most recently in March of this year. This last time was great, they let me move around and do my own thing, which I loved. I had really great nurses (which was not my experience last time, unfortunately), the only thing was that for whatever reason there was no lactation consultant working the day I gave birth. Thankfully, one of my nurses was very helpful and really helped me with my latch (3rdbaby, but first time bf'ing!). I would not recommend myOB at all, and if there is ever a next time for me, I'm going to check out their midwife program. At U of M, your OB doesn't necessarily deliver you, it's whoever is on call. That may be different with midwifes or the integrative OB, but that's how it works with the regular OB's.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page